Is there any options for taller people? Rear Bracebar/Bucket Seats

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium | Nitro Yellow
I got you bro. I’m 6’5” all legs and one of my first mods was the cusco harness bar. It definitely gave me more seat recline which made stock seats more comfortable.
I have since gone to a bucket. Running a Sparco QRT-C on a Sparco slider and Doteki’s bracket. The Sparco QRT line is made for bigger people. Highly recommend them or an EVO XL which is a bit cheaper. A bucket gives you more leg room than the stock seat, but no recline obviously. The stock seat is like 4-5 inches thick whereas a bucket is an inch total. You save a lot of room with a bucket, but you need the slider to get it back far enough.
I had enough room with a bucket to then go with doteki’s half cage/roll bar. This also gave me a safe option for harnesses. I just put the stock seat back in for test fitment with the roll bar. It is not comfortable for me at all.
Happy to answer any other questions.
IMG_1511.jpeg
I got a doteki cage. and am running qrt c aswell. Are you running the sparco sliders? Compared to oem, i feel that there is signifant more "wobble" from side to side when turning. I think this is due to the sliders as that is the weekpoint in the bracket setup. Do you notice the same thing?
Sponsored

jonezj

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0
Yep. Its annoying that it isn’t 100% stable but sliders are the only way to get the seat position i want.

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium | Nitro Yellow
Sparco sliders are unfortunately super wobbly. The recaro ones are much better and the best I’ve seen.
the new thing is that they squeek, bad. A constant stream of noise from the bottom of the seat. Don't know if that's the slider or the bracket rubbing on the seat. Maybe a screw loose? Ugh.
Sponsored