OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra
Do your prefer adjusting height without taking out the rear perch? MSS is for you.
well the HKS has a part to adjust the back springs like its a coil over i dont see why I'd have to remove the rear perch, and even so its not like its done that often.

I'm more interested in how they feel to drive with.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yes MSS has been popular since its release.

We have both units in stock, HKS units were impossible to keep on the shelves, now MSS is more popular than HKS.

-Josh

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
well the HKS has a part to adjust the back springs like its a coil over i dont see why I'd have to remove the rear perch, and even so its not like its done that often.

I'm more interested in how they feel to drive with.
The HKS rear perch needs to be removed for adjustment for a few reasons. One, the threaded body (silver part) doesn't have any notches to hold onto so when you try to adjust the purple perch, the body spins with the purple not allowing you to thread up or down. Two, there's a lot of friction between the spring and the perch, so it would chew up that mating surface pretty badly if you did spin it. It's actually not too bad to just remove and adjust.

1651536547285.png

HKS spring rates feel pretty good. They are similar to the Swift springs rates, which I had prior. HKS and Swift had higher front rates compared to the other aftermarket options, which is why I chose them.

Does anyone know what the MSS spring rates are?

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Sorry OP I wonā€™t be able to get my springs installed today as both of the shopā€™s lifts are on the fritz. Iā€™ve got another appointment a week from now so Iā€™ll hopefully get them on then.

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
I was able to get the MSS springs on my car a couple of days ago and I am very impressed with them. The car feels very controlled. Itā€™s very obvious that a lot of time was put into designing these to work with the car both when being installed as well as while driving.

Brake dive is considerably reduced, as is body roll. Iā€™ll need sway bars to get rid of the rest but the springs did an excellent job on their own. Whatā€™s really impressive to me is how the car feels now when rotating or recovering from a slide. The car rotates so much better, it doesnā€™t feel like a delicate balancing act anymore and when recovering from a slide it feels so much more planted. Itā€™s not fishtailing anymore which is awesome. I let my mechanic give them a try as heā€™s shopping for springs and was disappointed in how soft the HKS ones were. He said he hates me because now he has to get these for his car.

Car does feel stiffer but itā€™s nothing I canā€™t live with. Iā€™d say that now, normal mode feels a little stiffer than sport did when stock, while in sport is obviously stiffer. They did pass the girlfriend test though. Iā€™m currently running them at 4mm front and 8mm on the rear. Iā€™ll likely raise both ends a little as the springs settle. I highly recommend these springs.

1BE03FB6-9FAF-4A38-8409-13D03853F058.jpeg

2BFB9587-EFEB-4FFF-BCA9-3AED56790E1F.jpeg

Last edited:

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
I was able to get the MSS springs on my car a couple of days ago and I am very impressed with them. The car feels very controlled. Itā€™s very obvious that a lot of time was put into designing these to work with the car both when being installed as well as while driving.

Brake dive is considerably reduced, as is body roll. Iā€™ll need sway bars to get rid of the rest but the springs did an excellent job on their own. Whatā€™s really impressive to me is how the car feels now when rotating or recovering from a slide. The car rotates so much better, it doesnā€™t feel like a delicate balancing act anymore and when recovering from a slide it feels so much more planted. Itā€™s not fishtailing anymore which is awesome. I let my mechanic give them a try as heā€™s shipping for springs and was disappointed in how soft the HKS ones were. He said he hates me because now he has to get these for his car.

Car does feel stiffer but itā€™s nothing I canā€™t live with. Iā€™d say that now, normal mode feels a little stiffer than sport did when stock, while in sport is obviously stiffer. They did pass the girlfriend test though. Iā€™m currently running them at 4mm front and 8mm on the rear. Iā€™ll likely raise both ends a little as the springs settle. I highly recommend these springs.
Helpful info! So you would say the MSS are stiffer than the HKS? Which has better ride comfort/handles bumps and potholes better?

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Helpful info! So you would say the MSS are stiffer than the HKS? Which has better ride comfort/handles bumps and potholes better?
I havenā€™t tried the HKS kit but from what my mechanic has said MSS is definitely more performance oriented and this translates into it being stiffer. I still find it to be pretty comfortable in normal mode though.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Do the MSS come with a drop out of the box? I know the HKS came with a 1 inch drop pre-set.

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Do the MSS come with a drop out of the box? I know the HKS came with a 1 inch drop pre-set.
They did but I didnā€™t know if it was even. Youā€™ll probably have to adjust them in order to even them out after the install before you drop the car anyway.

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK V Supra

Brake dive is considerably reduced, as is body roll. Iā€™ll need sway bars to get rid of the rest but the springs did an excellent job on their own. Whatā€™s really impressive to me is how the car feels now when rotating or recovering from a slide. The car rotates so much better, it doesnā€™t feel like a delicate balancing act anymore and when recovering from a slide it feels so much more planted. Itā€™s not fishtailing anymore which is awesome. I let my mechanic give them a try as heā€™s shipping for springs and was disappointed in how soft the HKS ones were. He said he hates me because now he has to get these for his car.

Haha same color as my car. But thank you for the info it was super helpful, car looks amazing and im sure it handles alot better too.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered the MSS kit, and I think it said 1.57" drop max.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Brake dive is considerably reduced, as is body roll. Iā€™ll need sway bars to get rid of the rest but the springs did an excellent job on their own. Whatā€™s really impressive to me is how the car feels now when rotating or recovering from a slide. The car rotates so much better, it doesnā€™t feel like a delicate balancing act anymore and when recovering from a slide it feels so much more planted. Itā€™s not fishtailing anymore which is awesome. I let my mechanic give them a try as heā€™s shopping for springs and was disappointed in how soft the HKS ones were. He said he hates me because now he has to get these for his car.

1BE03FB6-9FAF-4A38-8409-13D03853F058.jpeg

2BFB9587-EFEB-4FFF-BCA9-3AED56790E1F.jpeg
Did you max out the drop?
Sponsored