Persistent beeping 2021 GR Supra 3.0

TSHedrick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
So.... I suddenly began experiencing a persistent beeping in my Supra today. It is the EXACT same beep which is heard/shown in the attached YouTube video (pertains to a Tacoma):

Note it is not SIMILAR to the beep in that video, it IS the same beep (exact same tone and cadence). However, as the Tacoma's problem is diagnosed in the video as a Toyota OEM Dashcam needing recalibration/memory card loose, the Supra has no such dashcam. There are no accompanying error lights or messages in the vehicle message center pertaining to cameras or anything else. It persisted while driving and through multiple complete shutdowns and restarts but finally stopped after about 8-10 minutes. I would normally just blow this off, however, last night a car was stolen off my block with multiple other cars on the block being ransacked (no indications ours were entered). Consequently, I have some concern the thieves may have used a "RollJam" type electronic device to attempt to unlock the car and instead possibly fried something electrical. Anyone have any similar experiences with this beep??? Nothing I can find in the manual seems relevant to it.
Sponsored

sanh12

First Name
San
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Did you solve this issue? Iā€™m having it and canā€™t figure out why.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is the beeping more faint than you hear in this video?

When the car is running, can you hear it when standing outside?

EDIT: Where I'm going with this is you may have a tag along. Check your passenger compartment (including the boot) for anything that looks out of place. Check under the hood. Check under your car, including the wheel wells, for something that looks like it shouldn't be there. I'd suggest doing it with the car running (or at least in accessory mode) to help you hone in on a potential unwanted passenger.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TSHedrick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Did you solve this issue? Iā€™m having it and canā€™t figure out why.
No, I haven't solved it. It did recur again but again resolved after about ten minutes. Both times it seems to have been triggered by pulling close to the code/control panel at an automatic car wash so it is obviously related to the parking/proximity sensors in some way. What's weird is that it persists after you pull away, drive some distance, turn the car on and off, etc..... eventually it just stops on its own. I'm wondering if it is something intended to let you know someone has bumped/struck the car??? No error or information messages accompany it in the car information system. It remains a bizarre mystery.

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
No, I haven't solved it. It did recur again but again resolved after about ten minutes. Both times it seems to have been triggered by pulling close to the code/control panel at an automatic car wash so it is obviously related to the parking/proximity sensors in some way. What's weird is that it persists after you pull away, drive some distance, turn the car on and off, etc..... eventually it just stops on its own. I'm wondering if it is something intended to let you know someone has bumped/struck the car??? No error or information messages accompany it in the car information system. It remains a bizarre mystery.
Sounds like just a malfunction with the PDC. Can say for sure itā€™s nothing to do with notifying that something has struck the car, as that doesnā€™t exist with PDC.

One thing you can try do when it happens again is get out and check the sensors. They have a faint tick when active so check all with your fingers and listen, see if one doesnā€™t tick.
Sponsored