Race Seats and Cruise Control

smr.111

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I was able to use BimmerGeeks to clear the airbags errors from the installed race seats, but it then popped Restraint system, Reduced driver assistance and Adaptive Cruise Control errors. It’s a 2022 premium. All I’m trying to do is leave the race seats installed and still be able to use cruise control when I’m daily driving. Any bimmergeek experts out there that could help me with this? Or anyone who has figured out how to solve this issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
smr.111

smr.111

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
No. I have the seat belt receptacle removed.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
What is this “cruise control” that you speak of? 🤔

OP
OP
smr.111

smr.111

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So you are driving on the street with just harnesses? I would highly recommend not doing so and installing the OEM seat belt for street use.
What is the oem belt going to do for me vs the harness? The harness is tied into a roll cage at the shoulders. And both the harness and oem belt would tie into the same locations at the seat base. Just trying to understand the benefits of keeping the oem belt.

OP
OP
smr.111

smr.111

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What is this “cruise control” that you speak of? 🤔
I have a 30 min commute on the highway. While not necessary, the adaptive cruise is nice to have. Just looking for a solution to trick the car into thinking systems are normal even though the yellow plug is not installed. I think this issue only affects the newer models with adaptive cruise control.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
What is the oem belt going to do for me vs the harness? The harness is tied into a roll cage at the shoulders. And both the harness and oem belt would tie into the same locations at the seat base. Just trying to understand the benefits of keeping the oem belt.
Not break your neck in a serious collision.

Unless you're wearing a helmet and a HANS device during your commute you are FAR safer with the 3-point OEM seatbelt. It's designed to work with the airbags and manage your body movement in a collision so you don't break your neck or your spine.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Unless you drive on the street with a HANS on , wearing a harness without one is very dangerous as your neck could snap.

OP
OP
smr.111

smr.111

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Not break your neck in a serious collision.

Unless you're wearing a helmet and a HANS device during your commute you are FAR safer with the 3-point OEM seatbelt. It's designed to work with the airbags and manage your body movement in a collision so you don't break your neck or your spine.
Thank you for the info!

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
if you’re committed to harness, just plug in the buckle under the seat, and pop in a dummy seatbelt insert

schroth ASM harness would let you rotate into the airbag like stock 3 point

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Even with an ASM harness on, general operation of a car with a harness is no fun. Using HVAC controls, reaching the glove box, just moving around in general is no fun. Less fun than no cruise control, IMO. But we all different peeves, so work with what we need to. I commend your commitment.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Even with an ASM harness on, general operation of a car with a harness is no fun. Using HVAC controls, reaching the glove box, just moving around in general is no fun. Less fun than no cruise control, IMO. But we all different peeves, so work with what we need to. I commend your commitment.
What are you doing for this Jason? I want a real seat (someday) and would like to go back and forth from track to street. I’m really happy not having any errors on my infotainment system. So would closely follow Bryan’s (Razor) seat setup page, if/when I go this route. But I’d still like to occasionally drive her in town without a 5 or 6 point harness.

Do you have a build page as well? Thanks 😊

Great post! Curious how you work around this. I’m still on stock seats for track 😭 But they look great and the computer is happy 😂

Disclaimer: rushing to work and lightly read this thread, mega interested in the results, but sorry if I missed the obvious/easy fix/answer.

if you’re committed to harness, just plug in the buckle under the seat, and pop in a dummy seatbelt insert

schroth ASM harness would let you rotate into the airbag like stock 3 point
Nice!!!! Have you done this? Do you have a build or instruction page. Thanks amigo!
Sponsored