Recommended tire dressing or coating?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I see lots of ceramic and graphene coatings being reviewed and tossed around but not much on tire appearance or maintenance.

My tires are the first thing to deteriorate after a car wash. Cleaned up, they're patchy in appearance with areas of scuff (from shipping), shiny smooth spots along with dull matte areas.

I've been using Chemical Guys VRP and Silk Shine but even after multiple coats right after a car wash, they're back to their original look after just a couple of days.

Any recommendations for a uniformly looking satin or matte product that doesn't wear off so quickly?
Sponsored

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I use both Adams Graphene tire dressing and their regular tire dressing. The graphene version is super satin. Thereā€™s a little more gloss to the normal but itā€™s still satin and does not give the super wet look. I havenā€™t had any issues with tire sling with either. I prefer the normal one because itā€™s cheaper than the graphene and they both last about the same time, which is honestly only a couple days before they fade.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I'm a fan of the Chem Guys VRP product for tires ... when applied with a quality foam pad.

IMG_8747.jpeg

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think I may have to try a more permanent coating type product like Cerakote, Carpro Blackout or Dura Dressing.

They're a bit more finicky to work with and required a lot of cleaning and prep though.

Although I've been reading about the Carpro Darkside and may give that a shot since it's both a coating and an easy wipe on buff off product.
Sponsored