FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Loving my M240i at the moment!
Really happy with the replacement, I feel like the handling is much better (Maybe due to better alignment from factory)

Still has some small tail happy moments being X-Drive and RWD biased but the take off speed and grip is crazy.

The factory exhaust sound is just as good if not better (With the valve fuse mod to keep it open)

Don't really miss the supra too much other than the looks as it was very unique!
Untitled.jpg
Damn that BMW looks badass! What does she weigh? The Lotus Emira would be mega rare in my area, love that!!! Couldnā€™t find the weight for the Lotus on the website (in a hurry to work).

With @Rocksandblues on being able to drive how I want to on the track. This Supra fits the bill perfectly for me $$$. Tons of parts, relatively inexpensive consumables.

If going with a heavy car (over 3800lbs), Iā€™d get a Tesla. Otherwise, lower weight šŸ¤¤, driving something exclusive and not paying over MSRP hits the buttons for meā€¦. Hence hello šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ Supra.

Also, I think a manual MX5 is a must for anyone who loves cars. Coming in at only 2300 lbs and being a mega reliable Mazda, sheā€™s a keeper/no brainer in my book, as an extra vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
Thanks for all the feedback.

After much soul searching I'm down to two options. Both heavily influenced by the fact I want a yellow car.

1) Order a replacement Supra

2) Get a different Toyota....

Screenshot_20230221_115357_Gallery.jpg

I am very, very into the idea of an LC500.

The LC500 is a stunning car. If you were to get another Supra, wouild you go for the manual?

I know there were rumors of us eventually getting a GRMN Supra with the full fat M engine, but not seen anything on that for a while? That would be potentially worth the upgrade.

Skidsareforkids

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MkV.
I may be moving from the US back to the UK so would be forced to get rid of the Supra. I would be heartbroken as it's the best car i've ever had. We would have to downsize from our four vehicles to only two, so i would have to get something more practical. Likely a BMW because i love the Supra so much. M3 touring or Alpina B3 would be my hope. A lot of things to do before i need to worry about making a decision though.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I may be moving from the US back to the UK so would be forced to get rid of the Supra. I would be heartbroken as it's the best car i've ever had. We would have to downsize from our four vehicles to only two, so i would have to get something more practical. Likely a BMW because i love the Supra so much. M3 touring or Alpina B3 would be my hope. A lot of things to do before i need to worry about making a decision though.
Did you move in the end?

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Also, I think a manual MX5 is a must for anyone who loves cars. Coming in at only 2300 lbs and being a mega reliable Mazda, sheā€™s a keeper/no brainer in my book, as an extra vehicle.
[/QUOTE]

As someone who had a 2019 ND2 RF miata prior to the Supra, I miss it. Only had sticky tires, pads, fluid, and swaybars and that thing was a riot! I was shopping for an s2k for the longest time and finally gave up trying to find one once i realized I could get essentially a "modern s2k" in the form of the ND2. No it didn't rev as high but 7800 ish and 400 lbs lighter than an s2k sounded like a pretty good deal. Not to mention newer tech and a sweet retractable hardtop.

Can't wait for 5 years or so when they start to become cheaper!

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Not sure yet. Either something older and more ā€œanalogā€, or something thatā€™s pure track rat (used, but well set up).

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
There's some other life goals I want to cross off before I seriously consider moving on from it, so it will likely be with me for a long time.

But the only things I have my sights on as a replacement for it one day would be a well taken care of 981 Cayman GT4 or 997.1 GT3. If all the stars in my life align and I'm ever shopping in that price range, a 964 Turbo 3.6 in black on Speedline wheels (exactly like the one from Bad Boys 1)

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Most likely a gently used Porsche Boxster S, would like to try rear mid engine and going topless. Ideally could do a lightly optioned factory order in a brash color.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
A bit keen here, I admit, but given ongoing supply chain issues and reduced production numbers, I'm starting to consider what I do in Spring 2024 when my 0% PCP is up.

I'm working on the basis that interest rates will reduce from the current 9/10% on offer.

Has anyone else considered their next move after the Supra? Or what did you move to?

My current thinking.

1) Lotus Emira. UK deliveries started late 2022 with some mixed feedback on the Emira forums. It's currently a 60 week lead time so would need to reserve now. I'm not sure it will feel like a big enough jump from the Supra but it looks great. Can finally get a Toyota engine.

2) V8 Vantage. I've always wanted a British Racing Green car with cricket ball leather interior. Big jump though.

3) Buy the Supra outright and be happy with my lot.

4) 911 Targa - the dream.
I loved, loved, LOVED my V8V.

Once the Supra is gone, I plan to get another or a 911. Depends on how much of a track rat I still am. Can't go wrong with either, though I'm looking at Cinnabar Orange for the Aston (I'd be going the 2019-21 route).

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Nah, nothing yet... My parents want us to be close to them, but they really don't want us to move back because they feel the place is going down the toilet... It's a difficult decision
Could you move them to the US with you? Or get them away from bigger cities over there? If like here -anywhere away from a larger city tends to have less crime & more family values. Just a thoughtā€¦ My mom just moved in with us and can honestly say itā€™s been great so far. She has her own little setup & bath. I did want to sell & downsize. But with prior interest rates being so low, thereā€™s no rush.

Hope you get to keep the car and enjoy your family!

I loved, loved, LOVED my V8V.

Once the Supra is gone, I plan to get another or a 911. Depends on how much of a track rat I still am. Can't go wrong with either, though I'm looking at Cinnabar Orange for the Aston (I'd be going the 2019-21 route).
This Supra really injected me with more track rat juice than I was expecting. I swore after the S2K, I was done going track cray cray. Iā€™m not going to gut her and really trying to stay away from full monte racing seats. So do yourself a favor and donā€˜t track the 911 if you get one šŸ˜œ. Iā€™d love to have one of those too! After I get my chitlins outta the house. Great taste kaj!

I think everyone on here has the best car sense than any other forum Iā€™ve been on. Sometimes Porsche (or even BMW) get the brand jammed so far up their asses they canā€™t see anything else out there. Quality with performance goes a long way. So yeah, 911 (not the entire Porsche lineup) really hits the mark in my book too. The GT4 would also be fantastic if I could grab one before the whole world goes electrified šŸŖ« And Mazda for overall best brand imo. They just seem to do so many things rightā€¦

Edit: my wife wants another M car. So that would likely win out for us. Short termā€¦

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I had a test drive in the V6 Emira the other weekend and while the V6 engine sounded good, the manual gearbox let it down for me.

In addition the price has gone up quite a bit from when they were first announced, looking at over 82k now. Even the AMG engine'd one which I had in my A45s and never really liked, although I do put that down to the weight of that hatch.

In the end I've decided to stick with my Supra. I still really enjoy it, it feels special/unique out on the road and has more than enough power for me.
Sponsored