2.0 Supra E85 Dyno Results

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Yea, that is what I have been thinking as well, minus the built engine. If I moved all my aero, MCS suspension over to a 2.0, I bet it would be a threat. Swap some take-off OEM 3.0 front brakes and go to town. Some orgs would class the 2.0L Supra down a class as well.

The only open question is cooling for me. I don't see any upgraded mani-cooler out on the market yet, although OP has one in his list, I can't find any details about it. The 2.0L is also missing the AUX coolers in the fender wells.
OP is from IPOS - https://iposmotorsport.com/

My understanding is they are developing an intake manifold for the B46/B48 which is currently being tested.

I plan on using their manifold when it's available. On the fence between adding PI or just upgrading the injectors. The DI upgrade is simple since the 2.0 has the same LPFP and HPFP as the 3.0, so just the injectors need upgraded to make more power (should have same capability as stock 3.0 fuel system). Could add meth for additional cooling + valve cleaning if needed.

The 2.0 has a single aux cooler on the passenger side and uses the same parts as the 3.0.
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
the 2.0 seems like the perfect platform to just make it look fantastic and not worry about the engine, seems like so much work and risk to not hit stock 3.0 numbers. Keep the engine stock, lower it, wheels, tint etc.

I could see the appeal if the 2.0 was a 6 speed, but man just leave it be. Buy the 3.0

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Not really the point, this is a development car so we can design parts and show what the platform is capable of. This does have more horsepower than the 2020 3.0 stock and it would beat the 2021 3.0 385hp model stock as well considering the car is over 200lbs lighter.

With the cost of the parts retail, it puts me at the same cost as a 3.0 all while being quicker and better handling. 200lbs less and 2 less cylinders over the front axle goes a long way for turning.
So, you have time slips proving your “faster” then a 3.0 premium stock, since you’re at the same price? Let’s see it..

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Stock vs stock, the 2.0 handles significantly better than the 3.0. Makes me almost wonder if the 2.0 with a built motor and big turbo is actually the faster car.
Oh lord.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Honestly I LOVE the 2.0, and originally planned on getting one to mod the piss out of and prove haters wrong. The turn-in and handling balance is so fantastic. It almost reminds me of 1990s Accords and Camrys, in the way that they were CLEARLY engineered to have four cylinders and the chassis tuning reflected it, because when Honda & Toyota were forced to install V6s for us fat, power-hungry Americans, both cars felt quite nose-heavy, unbalanced, and far less nimble in the end.

So, I was leaning towards the 2.0...until I drove, and more importantly, HEARD, the music from a B58. The noise did me in, and I knew I could never be happy with anything less.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean, I’ve been competing in time attack with a 600whp 3.0 all year, so it’s not like I haven’t driven one…

it takes a lot of work to set up a 3.0 to feel as good as a bone stock 2.0 around town.

There’s just no way that a 3.0 can achieve the balance the 2.0 has. 2.0 is literally mid engine.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I previously owned a 2.0 and it does handle better (not a ton, but better) than my 3.0 manual. It also pulled almost 38-40mpg on the highway!

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not literally, but way closer than the 3.0L. The 2.0L still has a bit of the engine in front of the strut towers.
I think the entire engine is behind the center of the wheels, but in any case it’s impressively balanced

IMG_6630.jpeg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I think the entire engine is behind the center of the wheels, but in any case it’s impressively balanced

IMG_6630.jpeg
Yea, pretty close for sure, but def not mid engine. 100% agree with the better balance part though. :)

All the Japanese tuners prefer the 2.0L dynamic wise.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

MKVeeeeee

First Name
giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2.0
Full ecu unlock i.e. sending to Finland is required for the Navardi e85 tune right?
Sponsored

Last edited: