Fenders EVS vs Rexpeed - fitment question.

Martindk3

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 8/2019
Hi all,

I would really like to have the EVS fenders, but after reading a ton of threads here and seeing final fitment photos, I have hard time finding out if EVS have improved the fitting of the fender? (some have flush lines, others gap in the front part - is it just a matter of fidling-patience)

Alternatively, I see that Rexpeed also makes a fender with same design, is that a better fit?

Goal is paint matched norturnal black with the best fitment.

Please share your struggels with fitment and/or your recommendations!:confused1:

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/store/product/evs-tuning-front-fenders-frp-toyota-supra-a90-2020/

https://www.rexpeed.net/2012/en/product_detail.php?serial=640
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My rexspeed had no issues with fitment at all. I believe they also sell them paint matched but I donā€™t know how good their paint match is

OP
OP
Martindk3

Martindk3

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 8/2019
My rexspeed had no issues with fitment at all. I believe they also sell them paint matched but I donā€™t know how good their paint match is
Thanks, and it also had room for the washerfluid container?

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I'm in the same boat as you. I want paint matched, but worried about fitment and accuracy of color.

Any idea if they will accept a return if the paint matched isn't "matched"?

I'm also worried about buying unpainted. Because I would want to put them on the care and confirm fitment, before pulling them off to get them painted (no idea who much that is going to cost??), and then put them back on the car after they are back from paint.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Also for what its worth, the same fenders on Aliexpress are ~$400 unpainted. I highly suspect they are the identical ones as Rexspeed, just like their $550 steering wheel is only $250 on aliexpress.

I'm really considering going this route for the fenders.

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm in the same boat as you. I want paint matched, but worried about fitment and accuracy of color.

I'm also worried about buying unpainted. Because I would want to put them on the care and confirm fitment, before pulling them off to get them painted (no idea who much that is going to cost??), and then put them back on the car after they are back from paint.
If you're very particular about having panels match, I would never recommend purchasing stuff pre-painted. I'm pretty confident there will be a noticeable difference, because I've seen a large variation between stock paint on these cars. I think you should buy it unpainted and go get it matched at a shop that you trust. Buy once, cry once!

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I dont know about paint match, but I found a video of some guy installing the CF ones.

Toyota Supra Rexpeed V6 Carbon Fiber Front Fender

Can tell there's a lot of finessing to make it look perfect. Its more of "You get what you pay for"
when it comes to save a couple of bucks.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
If you want something similar that actually fits, look at the Group A Motoring fenders.
Not my experience at all. They sent me a set that was literally broken at first and then another set that was a ā€œchallengeā€ to install to say the least.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Not my experience at all. They sent me a set that was literally broken at first and then another set that was a ā€œchallengeā€ to install to say the least.
You are the first ive heard to say that. Ive talked to 4 other people with them and all said they bolted right up. Did you get carbon or frp?

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
any body panel will take a bit of tweaking to make it fit perfectly guys. If you donā€™t wanna tweak I wouldnā€™t install any aftermarket body panels. I found my rexspeed to be extremely easy to play with and adjust to make sure all gaps were even and Iā€™d go as far as to say it fits close to OEM. I left it exposed CF though

Iā€™d reach out to see if theyā€™d accept it due to bad paint match but Iā€™d imagine they would. I doubt anything matches 100% on this car without blending with our complex paint. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll match decently well

Vegas17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra AT
I have the Rexspeed factory silver paint matched. Fitments decent but there's a good gap from hood to fender. I found that putting a wedge between the inner body and rexspeed fender close the wheel arch essentially rotates the top fender up closer to the hood to reduce the gap significantly. Putting spacers at the top to lift up the fender actually made it worse.

I ghetto fabbed a wood wedge to push out on the fenders and bonded it in place before putting the fender liner back on. Seems to have held up after 6 months and the gap looks stock.

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Lexus RC300, 2007 Tundra, 1975 Ch
I was like you on which of the two companies to choose. I chose the Rexspeed style painted ones. The paint match for my white was slightly off, but nothing too major. It's hard to match the paint perfectly. The fitment was really good, no unusual large gaps, took some time to fit just right and get the gaps 100% as close as I could. Just be patient with them. I can send you some photos if you like of the finished product. I think I still have them saved on my phone. Just PM me.
Sponsored