Re: Manual Transmission, is there a warning to prevent over rev AKA money shifting?

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Searched and couldn't find the answer, but if you down shift and it will over rev/money shift, will the car give a warning light and sound so you know not to let off the clutch?

This feature is in my VN, was wondering if iMT for the Supra has it. Thanks!
Sponsored

djf

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT 45th Anniversary Edition
Searched and couldn't find the answer, but if you down shift and it will over rev/money shift, will the car give a warning light and sound so you know not to let off the clutch?

This feature is in my VN, was wondering if iMT for the Supra has it. Thanks!
Learned the hard way yesterday when I let my old man drive my car and he went from 4-3 instead of 4-5 😬

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
LMFAO. It doesn't take ten minutes to say "can't drive a manual properly." The only way this should (or better yet, could) be an issue, is if you are coming from a high revving car to a low revving one - literally me. And even so, such shifts are 100% user error.

What's next, a warning light reminding you to hold the shifter with the correct hand? 🙄

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
I don’t see how a light would help given the way money shifting seems to work on all of the hilarious YT videos. It happens when these guys are banging through the gears driving aggressively like any of us do - difference is they suck at it or something cause holy shit how does that happen 🤣

Johnny Utah

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 P
I’ve done this a few times on a Ducati 996 and if I remember correctly it wasn’t a pleasant experience.

OP
OP
swrdply400mrelay

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don’t see how a light would help given the way money shifting seems to work on all of the hilarious YT videos. It happens when these guys are banging through the gears driving aggressively like any of us do - difference is they suck at it or something cause holy shit how does that happen 🤣
The warning chime has prevented me from money shifting twice.

Immediately after downshifting the sound goes off and I didn’t let off the clutch. Once I did partially let off the clutch but immediately pressed it down once the warning sound went off.

I guess if you had slow reactions to the sound it may not help, but it certainly has helped me.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
You'd think manufactures would put lockouts like they do on reverse to at least 1 & 2.

OP
OP
swrdply400mrelay

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP: Does the Supra have this nice helpful warning?

Forum: Learn to drive better, nut up, be more of an alpha male. Stop sucking, it’s simple. If you can’t shift correctly, move back in with mommy as you’re worthless to society.
You mean you've never made a mistake once and just wanted a stop fail? Not sure how old you are, but I'm getting up there in age and definitely not as sharp as I used to be...

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You mean you've never made a mistake once and just wanted a stop fail? Not sure how old you are, but I'm getting up there in age and definitely not as sharp as I used to be...
Homie, I was defending you with that post. ;)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
OP: Does the Supra have this nice helpful warning?

Forum: Learn to drive better, nut up, be more of an alpha male. Stop sucking, it’s simple. If you can’t shift correctly, move back in with mommy as you’re worthless to society.
I have seen a fuck ton of professional drag racers that have money shifted. Lots of greats have done it. Shit happens.
Sponsored

Last edited: