SUPRA ULTIMATE JB4 GUIDE AND LOG REVIEW (V1)

DVsnake

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So i dyno the supra with Map 4 and net me 423whp 412Tq
Sponsored

DVsnake

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Very nice gains bro! 100whp with JB4 + 2 gal E is easy power. Good drivability still?
This brings the next question im about to order the Fuel it flex fuel kit. There are 2 available bluetooth/ CANbus ECA. Is bluetooth the way to go?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This brings the next question im about to order the Fuel it flex fuel kit. There are 2 available bluetooth/ CANbus ECA. Is bluetooth the way to go?
Just BT is fine with JB4 as you won't be able to do flex. If you plan on tuning the car later and want flex fuel, get the CANbus version.

Which brings me to my next question, why run a JB4 if you have a 2020?

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Either one works for JB4 as far as I can tell from the website, though it looks like CANbus is what is used for MHD or BM3 if you ever end up going a flextune with those down the line.

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What kind of power is a 2020 making on BM3/MHD on ~E20? Can't imagine its much more than 425.

Guess the real benefit would be the ability to run up to E50 instead.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
What kind of power is a 2020 making on BM3/MHD on ~E20? Can't imagine its much more than 425.

Guess the real benefit would be the ability to run up to E50 instead.
And control over fuel, ignition timing, throttle mapping, actual flex fuel, and much more

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And control over fuel, ignition timing, throttle mapping, actual flex fuel, and much more
Fair enough. I actually like the combo of MHD BEF + JB4 custom tune for E tunes. Seems like best of both worlds.

With @Phantomx car, it made like 60whp more than just MHD E40 OTS.

I have another client that has a 2020, where JB4 will be more than enough to max out power on his 91 fuel, and no access to ethanol. Not sure the benefit of an actual flash when octane is very limiting.

DVsnake

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just BT is fine with JB4 as you won't be able to do flex. If you plan on tuning the car later and want flex fuel, get the CANbus version.

This guy s short term im getting the MHD bench unlock tool and go MHD instead just enjoy what i got now.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Curious if with jb4, catted dp, daw hypercore, 91/e30 and after a proper tune - how much gain is left by adding just meth injection and is there much more tuning required to max performance?

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious if with jb4, catted dp, daw hypercore, 91/e30 and after a proper tune - how much gain is left by adding just meth injection and is there much more tuning required to max performance?
Meth gains are huge lol, like 50whp+. It would need a new tune since boost requests would be much higher when fueling or octane are no longer the bottleneck.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have another client that has a 2020, where JB4 will be more than enough to max out power on his 91 fuel, and no access to ethanol. Not sure the benefit of an actual flash when octane is very limiting.
Great example where having total control of ignition timing and fueling would be very helpful. Anyway, I'm not here in this thread to keep shouting the merits of actual ECU control.
Sponsored