Teach me race seats

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium | Nitro Yellow
Did you have a hard time lining up the seat with the steering wheel? I Have somr sparco seats in right now but I cant seem to slide it over enough to the right. I wonder if its just the seat being too big or the bracket setup.

neverknowsbest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The way I have it installed, it's ever so slightly more inboard than the center line of the steering wheel. Not enough for me to have ever noticed it, without sitting in the seat to specifically check centering.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Copied your seat rail setup, but with the OMP WRC-R as my seat. I'm 6'2" and can confirm no need to for removable wheel, more than enough room to work with.
What BK rail did you end up with? They offer 3 sizes. I bought the OMP WRC-R M'Rain edition (standard WRC-R size) and am trying to get my mounting purchased. I too was going to copy Bryans setup, but was concerned about mid-width.

1706896460853.png

1706897102934.png

Last edited:

neverknowsbest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What BK rail did you end up with? They offer 3 sizes. I bought the OMP WRC-R M'Rain edition (standard WRC-R size) and am trying to get my mounting purchased. I too was going to copy Bryans setup, but was concerned about mid-width.
I use the

Brey Krause Seat Mounts 410mm-434mm Wide Mount Points BMW E9XR-9261

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
OMP WRC-R because it's a quality seat and the most comfortable I've ever sat in. I've driven the car to track days anywhere from 1 and 1/2 to 3 hours each way. Zero complaints.
That being said you need to sit in a few to find one that fits YOU most comfortable.

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What spec bolt (the golden one) did you use to bolt the mount to the floor? Similar to you, I can't fit a Torx wrench to use the OEM bolt and need a traditional hex instead. Thanks!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
What spec bolt (the golden one) did you use to bolt the mount to the floor? Similar to you, I can't fit a Torx wrench to use the OEM bolt and need a traditional hex instead. Thanks!
Some 10.9 grade bolt

M10-1.5

OEM is 38mm long. I think I went to 45mm

IMG_0855.jpeg

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turns out I am just going to ditch my Sparco side mount and sliders for a simpler, safer, and better mounting option. I was going to simply mount my Sparco side mount directly to my Doteki seat rail bracket, but the holes didn't line up, followed by it being impossible to screw in the rear screws into the bracket due to the seat being too low and in a hard to reach place.

@razorlab , On your Brey Krause mount, do you have enough room to stick your hand behind the seat and use a wrench to wrench down those bolts? Or did you have to follow another order of assembly to mount it?

The seats I am using are the Sparco QRT-C Performance with a bolt-to-bolt width of 430mm. I am also about 5'9 though someone who is 6 ft would need to be able to drive it as well.

Ideally, I would like to be about 1.5-2 inches away from the back (like the photos attached). Not super close like some guys do. Or is that just difficult and the only way to easily achieve that would be with sliders?

P.S. In the photo of under the seat, there are no back screws installed, hence the problem at hand. Also, I am a little low and would like to sit higher. These are the side mounts I am using at the moment as well.

Thank you!

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Turns out I am just going to ditch my Sparco side mount and sliders for a simpler, safer, and better mounting option. I was going to simply mount my Sparco side mount directly to my Doteki seat rail bracket, but the holes didn't line up, followed by it being impossible to screw in the rear screws into the bracket due to the seat being too low and in a hard to reach place.

@razorlab , On your Brey Krause mount, do you have enough room to stick your hand behind the seat and use a wrench to wrench down those bolts? Or did you have to follow another order of assembly to mount it?
yea the rear bolts are a pain in the ass, you have to do it by feel and a normal box wrench.

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yea the rear bolts are a pain in the ass, you have to do it by feel and a normal box wrench.
Do you think going with a plate base like planted or the sparco one would be better? Or is the Brey Krause route the best in your opinion. Also, how is your height with just the floor mount and BK mount?

Would you recomend spacers at all?
Sponsored

Last edited: