A not-crazy-loud catback exhaust that keeps the OEM valve?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I couldn’t believe you said you were getting rid of your fi exhuast a couple months ago. Its my #1 exhuast choice rn, so you’re saying it wasnt loud enough in sport mode? Also do you know how much it weighs?
Not 100% sure on weight, and for me it was just a tad bit quiet especially up top with the catted Downpipe, caltess I bet it would have been perfect. For me it was missing that smooth inline 6 howl up top that some of the other exhausts provide you. But it still sounded good; and was so easy and nice to live with. It was very hard swapping out, overall it was a great package.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I really wish it would continue to 3" afterwards

Which is why I'm leaning towards the Dinan, which is 3.25" and continues to 3.25" on the valved side. The non-valve side goes down to 2.5" and into a muffler. However, I really do not like the tips...

The MAP exhaust is also another I'm considering. Essentially the same as the Dinan, except it's 3.5" including the non-valve side. Just not sure this will be quiet enough in normal.
If I ever get a catback, it will most likely be the MAP. It's 3.5" the whole way like you stated, it looks stock from behind and it isn't gimmicky. I've used MAP products in the past on my Evos and customers Evos and overall they make great stuff.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
If I ever get a catback, it will most likely be the MAP. It's 3.5" the whole way like you stated, it looks stock from behind and it isn't gimmicky. I've used MAP products in the past on my Evos and customers Evos and overall they make great stuff.
My only concern with MAP is the large diameter piping, and they give spacers for the brace to clear it. Haven't seen anyone review it either, maybe concerns are unfounded
Sponsored