Other options for race tracks that are too loud?

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Someone should start a go fund me to pay for all the legal fines for a 6 month period, and just have a boom tube event every night at like 11pm.
Sponsored

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I mean, when people move near an airport do they complain? What about elementary schools? At my local track people have complained enough that if you blow sound once your day is over. 😔

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I mean, when people move near an airport do they complain? What about elementary schools? At my local track people have complained enough that if you blow sound once your day is over. 😔
They do here like you wouldn't believe.

Phil

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Not sure why everyone is upset as the county expects things to not be affected. This is old news and the new/old flavor of the month when Road and Track has nothing to write about. Been many times there traveling from a long distance. Beautiful place and overall nice people in the area. One has to accept that legally there are avenues available for people to pursue legal remedy whether one likes that or not. Prefer that over a dictatorship that ONLY see's things one way. Drive safe!

--A spokesman for Monterey County told SFGate that "The County does not recognize any merit to the allegations and expects a favorable legal conclusion,” adding that the track's 2024 schedule should not be impacted. Laguna Seca is set to hold eight major events in 2023, including IMSA and IndyCar races in May and June. --

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
These are Locals that probably play golf and go to cars and coffee and never drive their cars to a track.
Sure but is that a bad thing for them to live their life their way? There are many things to do in life and you cannot control what others do to any great degree. The legal end of this is the issue not a golfer. One needs to learn what the actual legal issues are before just saying these people are useless. Killing off legal options just for 1 narrow issue tends to have greater impacts to other things that might actually be worthy of your time to pursue. Its a 2 edge sword............

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Not sure why everyone is upset as the county expects things to not be affected. This is old news and the new/old flavor of the month when Road and Track has nothing to write about. Been many times there traveling from a long distance. Beautiful place and overall nice people in the area. One has to accept that legally there are avenues available for people to pursue legal remedy whether one likes that or not. Prefer that over a dictatorship that ONLY see's things one way. Drive safe!

--A spokesman for Monterey County told SFGate that "The County does not recognize any merit to the allegations and expects a favorable legal conclusion,” adding that the track's 2024 schedule should not be impacted. Laguna Seca is set to hold eight major events in 2023, including IMSA and IndyCar races in May and June. --
Sure but is that a bad thing for them to live their life their way? There are many things to do in life and you cannot control what others do to any great degree. The legal end of this is the issue not a golfer. One needs to learn what the actual legal issues are before just saying these people are useless. Killing off legal options just for 1 narrow issue tends to have greater impacts to other things that might actually be worthy of your time to pursue. Its a 2 edge sword............
Why do these responses sound AI generated.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
People move in next to airports around here and complain about the noise - frikkin stupid.
They’ve rerouted air traffic (at RSW) numerous times for the multiple golf course communities we have here in Lee County FL. I‘ve lived in one of those communities. We weren’t one of the ones complaining. Wife and I actually work for a living. But I do get it. If an airplane can fly over non developed areas instead. Which in most part they now do. Unless severe weather or wind conditions.

Luckily some tracks down here are actually going the other way with their residents in other counties around the Nation. Some FL examples:

https://circuitflorida.com/condos

https://www.sebringracehomes.com/about

With Laguna Seca being so iconic, I truly hope they can convince residents there will only be rare occasions where events run at night on track.

In the future, they should look to Homestead/Miami speedway. Proper zoning around the facility and you won’t have this problem. You can’t build residential communities w/in X amount of miles.

Last edited:

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Perhaps EV only
This is the way.

EVs…with the sounds of the moans and groans from the complainers playing externally so they can hear themselves the alleged 340 days out of the year the track is in use.

Nothing would stroke their ego more.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
This is the way.

EVs…with the sounds of the moans and groans from the complainers playing externally so they can hear themselves the alleged 340 days out of the year the track is in use.

Nothing would stroke their ego more.
Yeah, not the best random thought there on my part. That would suck for the track owners. EV racing isn’t taking off like they had hoped. Same with EV car rentals and EV mandates in general. That’s gonna take way more time fo sho

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
That would suck for the track owners.
Definitely - we just have to hope that no tracks concede too much setting some precedent that send it in this direction.

In the meantime, I’m onboard with publicly shaming those that move next to racetracks then complain about racetrack noises 😄
Sponsored