Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Subframe is fine, only minimal noise increase. Diff mounts are really noisy, but it really depends on your overall setup aswell. (counts for subframe and diff mounts) But anyway, the overall performance-increase when getting solid subframe mounts is definitely worth it and should be one of the first mods IMO.
ok, thanks. Install needs a lot of work?
Gonna go with Millway + their monoballs for LCA, let go diff mounts probably.

Alina

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Supra, 19' X3MC
ok, thanks. Install needs a lot of work?
Gonna go with Millway + their monoballs for LCA, let go diff mounts probably.
If you know what you're doing, its ok - but still a bit of work, because you have to lower the whole subframe for it etc.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
If you know what you're doing, its ok - but still a bit of work, because you have to lower the whole subframe for it etc.
Not gonna do myself, just wondering how much expect to pay :D Maybe I'll do it with suspension install at once.

Alina

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Supra, 19' X3MC
Not gonna do myself, just wondering how much expect to pay :D Maybe I'll do it with suspension install at once.
If you want to change your suspension anyway, you better do it all at once, so you'll save at least a few €. A good shop will do everything same day, shouldn't be too expensive.

BigJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Is it normal for the pedal to get a bit soft after say 5min of tracking? I'm running SRF and CSG pads (Also tried Hawk DTC60), cold the pedal is very firm, very quick. But after about 5min of tracking it'll travel what feels like another two inches or so before full engagement.

Doesn't matter which session or how recently I bled the brakes. Stopping power doesn't seem affected. Previously had an old E36 and it would stay firm, but was also much lighter and had a BBK.

Would a brake cooling kit/duct help with pedal feel? Or is it just something to get used to?

edit: stock power no mods other than verus master cylinder brace and 200tw tires.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Is it normal for the pedal to get a bit soft after say 5min of tracking? I'm running SRF and CSG pads (Also tried Hawk DTC60), cold the pedal is very firm, very quick. But after about 5min of tracking it'll travel what feels like another two inches or so before full engagement.

Doesn't matter which session or how recently I bled the brakes. Stopping power doesn't seem affected. Previously had an old E36 and it would stay firm, but was also much lighter and had a BBK.

Would a brake cooling kit/duct help with pedal feel? Or is it just something to get used to?

edit: stock power no mods other than verus master cylinder brace and 200tw tires.
300tw tires, verus brace, stock pads, SRF -- same experience as you're describing. however, now that i'm using endless 650, i felt the engagement progressively change, not immediately

oh. difference from then and now. this time i did the BMW ABS brake bleed routine

wait 2 inches??

Last edited:

BigJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I never measured it so idk if it's actually two inches. But it feels like it definitely goes further than one? Not to the floor or anything, I've experienced boiling fluid before and it isn't anything like that. And it is probably more progressive than I'm making it sound. But it does settle into the 'softness' around the 3rd lap.

I've had a BMW race shop do the original SRF/pad install and one bleed. I've bled before each event. Bled after I changed pads. I'll look up the BMW ABS bleed technique though.

Alina

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Supra, 19' X3MC
You guys are using stainless steel brakes hoses? Would highly recommend, together with brake a cooling kit. Verus as example.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Nope. Not normal. Bleed em early & often if tracking. Regardless of the DOT4 brand 😉

You guys are using stainless steel brakes hoses? Would highly recommend, together with brake a cooling kit. Verus as example.
Indeed. Even the slightest line expansion can lead to mushy pedal

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-Supra/c-643-bmw-brake-lines

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I know this can freak out many people. Take a deep breath…. But with Bryan (Brianna) is on vacation, I thought I’d squeeze in a quick track oil thought 😳 😱

IMG_1796.jpeg

Neighbor buddy‘s recent report above. Sounds like they like the 5-40 he’s running but the report suggests the oil appears thinner. Probably from our constant heat, schweaty SWFL, over 100+ Fahrenheit on track. As for myself, I‘ve never sent my oil out & don’t track during the summer. I’ve put the Turner MS suggested track oil or the mac daddy Motul

https://a.co/d/bIanZd4

Chemical engineering thread 👇 below if any of the new guys didn’t know about it:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/bmw-b58-engine-oil-recommendation.337089

EDYVW is my fav by far. Page one:

“That engine is designed around heavy W30 and lighter 40 grades. But, you could pretty much run anything in it. There is no such thing as overkill. Take into consideration that when you say "grade" that is KV at 100c. Your BMW in regular driving is running around 109-113c. That means that at regular driving, your oil is bit thinner than you think. That is why HTHS is important and not grade per se. There are different oils, some meeting minimum requirements, some exceeding it. Generally, oils with lower KV100 but really good HTHS are top of the line oils. Motul Gen2, Castrol 0W40, Castrol Edge 0W30, Pennzoil 5W40, etc. are all superb choices. Motul X-Clean+ 5W30 would be prime example of superb oil, as it has KV100 of 11.6 and HTHS of 3.6 and it is LL04. Valvoline European Vehicle is at 13.1 KV100 and HTHS 3.7, which is really good. Again I would go with approved oils for LL01 and LL04, regardless of weight. If you decide to track vehicle, than we are getting into different conversation.”

and page 25 quote from edyvw:

“They are not designed with grade in mind. Different markets have different recommendations. Initially, that engine in Europe was recommended for LL04, here LL01FE, now LL17FE, and moving to LL19FE and LL22FE. The reason is CAFE and WLTP. Tuned B58 are running 15W50 and 5W50 on tracks in many instances.“
Sponsored