Anyone have dyno results of a 2021+ Supra stock, and then with a catless downpipe only

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
With the MTs?
I don't have direct Manual experience, but i do not see how any piggy back tune would affect pedals? If you understand how piggy backs work they have nothing to do with a clutch.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I currently have a AA on my 23 MT and have noticed no difference in power whatsoever. Looking forward to catless

How does the car drive with JB4? I've heard the pedal feel is not good
downpipe without a tune doesn't do much
jb4 pedal feel is fine.
Pedal feel won't change but I think @AJRMKV is referring to the power delivery and smoothness of JB4 with the MT. I would also like to know. My JB+ on the MT is smooth usually, but not always. Sometimes kind of surge-y.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Yeah I remember seeing that post a while back. Surprised that even Jesse couldn't get it smoothed out. I did PM Jesse recently to ask about it but never heard anything back. I'm guessing he hasn't figured out JB4 on MT yet.

I also remember seeing some guy on YouTube say that even BMS couldn't get it working right on his MT.

Of course, if anyone does figure out the trick to get it working right, I'm sure that information will be withheld behind a $500 payment😂

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
I currently have a AA on my 23 MT and have noticed no difference in power whatsoever. Looking forward to catless

How does the car drive with JB4? I've heard the pedal feel is not good
is that why you are selling the AA downpipe? doesn't seem to be giving any gains?

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
is that why you are selling the AA downpipe? doesn't seem to be giving any gains?
Not at all. I wasn't expecting anything meaningful without a tune. I've decided to go catless because i'll be upgrading the turbo in the near future.

The AA catted dp sounds awesome paired with an MBRP exhaust.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I have had my 3.0 Supra for 15 months on Armytrix $600 catless dp with zero CEL and it sits at 21,500 miles. I also had a 2.0 Supra for 10 months prior to the 3.0 on Function Werks catless dp and the only time it threw a CEL was when I used my piggyback with it. Funny thing is my 3.0 has the same piggyback but never had a CEL with the combo.

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
Not at all. I wasn't expecting anything meaningful without a tune. I've decided to go catless because i'll be upgrading the turbo in the near future.

The AA catted dp sounds awesome paired with an MBRP exhaust.
i guess my main concern is the AA going to give significantly less gains compared to a catless....

i also rather not tune right away hence all the questions about CEL

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
i guess my main concern is the AA going to give significantly less gains compared to a catless....

If you're on stock turbo it would be 10-15whp difference I believe.. Barely noticeable from the driver seat, perhaps 1.xx mph on the strip and a car from a roll..

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

If you're on stock turbo it would be 10-15whp difference I believe.. Barely noticeable from the driver seat, perhaps 1.xx mph on the strip and a car from a roll..
yep. more aggressive tone, slightly faster turbo spool

amytrix or kenji garage catless DPs for no CEL. if you want power from a catted DP and no CEL, i've read the HKS catalyzer is 150 cel and no light so far, but it's also $2,000... lol

as far as going from stock to catless, on an E50 ECUTEK tune:
1687369511364.png

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
yep. more aggressive tone, slightly faster turbo spool

amytrix or kenji garage catless DPs for no CEL. if you want power from a catted DP and no CEL, i've read the HKS catalyzer is 150 cel and no light so far, but it's also $2,000... lol

as far as going from stock to catless, on an E50 ECUTEK tune:
1687369511364.png
I have the hks one. It's okay. I've gotten the CEL twice on two occasions where I switched to sport and immediately floored it. When I mean immediate i mean click and go. It went on both cases. But once I cleared code went 1500 miles with no issues. Normal mode or switching to sport and driving normally nothing comes up.
Sponsored

Last edited: