Max WHP from only 91 octane?

damage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997 GT3, R8 V10+, 570s, 911GT3 RS
If I were to get the latest model year Supra and live in California with it's 91 octane and did NOT want to use special fuels, what's the max power I can get out of this car? Is 500whp possible? I'm not looking to get crazy power.
Sponsored

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
If I were to get the latest model year Supra and live in California with it's 91 octane and did NOT want to use special fuels, what's the max power I can get out of this car? Is 500whp possible? I'm not looking to get crazy power.
Please specify. Stock turbo or hybrid turbo? LPFP and HPFP being upgraded along with full bolt ons? Just a Femto unlock and BM3/MHD on an OTS Map and everything else stock?

OP
OP

damage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stock turbo, bolt-ons. I assume bolt ons are exhaust, intake, downpipes?

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Rather than start rattling off numbers and scenarios, I'm going to link you to the holy grail of threads in our MKV forum. Follow this and you will be just fine. Thank me later.

MKV Forum Routes To Big Power

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Well first is the holy grail mod of any bmw, a Downpipe. Now it all depends on you, you could go for a turbo upgrade you would need to get a catback so that there is no restrictions, and a chargepipe because you are running more boost. Cooling mods are always welcome so if you got that mula get an intake manifold, if not go for a CSF heat exchanger. This would get you to around 550-ish whp (maybe a bit lower since its on cali fuel). If after installing the turbo upgrade you would still want more power go for Port injection. Another way is going for all fueling mods Low Pressure Fuel Pump, High Pressure Fuel Pump, Bigger and better Injectors. However, they are still in a testing waters phase. So don't risk it go for the better easier and safer option Port Injection. So now choose your poison.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
500whp is possible with boltons and meth. Btw intake is never needed on this platform, it's just there for the turbo noises. I would highly recommend going for a turbo upgrade, rather than stressing your stock one if you don't want any alternative fueling. Full bolt ons + a good tuner without any special fuels. Would probably get you around 465-ish whp maybe 480-ish whp with a good tuner. Sameh, Jeff Payne, Mike Botti these are the best tuners on the platform. With a bit of fueling modes you can most likely hit 500whp. Full BoltOns + Meth easy 500+ whp. Though you would need a femto unlock in the first place.

P.S Dont forget cooling does not give you any whp, but always helps the car.

OP
OP

damage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
500whp is possible with boltons and meth. Btw intake is never needed on this platform, it's just there for the turbo noises. I would highly recommend going for a turbo upgrade, rather than stressing your stock one if you don't want any alternative fueling. Full bolt ons + a good tuner without any special fuels. Would probably get you around 465-ish whp maybe 480-ish whp with a good tuner. Sameh, Jeff Payne, Mike Botti these are the best tuners on the platform. With a bit of fueling modes you can most likely hit 500whp. Full BoltOns + Meth easy 500+ whp. Though you would need a femto unlock in the first place.

P.S Dont forget cooling does not give you any whp, but always helps the car.
Well first is the holy grail mod of any bmw, a Downpipe. Now it all depends on you, you could go for a turbo upgrade you would need to get a catback so that there is no restrictions, and a chargepipe because you are running more boost. Cooling mods are always welcome so if you got that mula get an intake manifold, if not go for a CSF heat exchanger. This would get you to around 550-ish whp (maybe a bit lower since its on cali fuel). If after installing the turbo upgrade you would still want more power go for Port injection. Another way is going for all fueling mods Low Pressure Fuel Pump, High Pressure Fuel Pump, Bigger and better Injectors. However, they are still in a testing waters phase. So don't risk it go for the better easier and safer option Port Injection. So now choose your poison.

Yeah I just don't want to be able to use regular pump gas and not have to worry about finding meth.

So it looks like full bolt ons (exhaust, downpipe, chargepipe) at the bare minimum with a tune. And if I really want to make sure I hit 500whp, a turbo upgrade and port injection (what part do I get for this??).

I also plan to be tracking this so I want reliable 500whp and cooling. Sounds like I should get an intake manifold?

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Yeah I just don't want to be able to use regular pump gas and not have to worry about finding meth.

So it looks like full bolt ons (exhaust, downpipe, chargepipe) at the bare minimum with a tune. And if I really want to make sure I hit 500whp, a turbo upgrade and port injection (what part do I get for this??).

I also plan to be tracking this so I want reliable 500whp and cooling. Sounds like I should get an intake manifold?
You're never going to get close to 500 whp on stock turbo using 91 without some extra juice.

91 will get you to 440ish whp perhaps.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You're never going to get close to 500 whp on stock turbo using 91 without some extra juice.

91 will get you to 440ish whp perhaps.
This.... On 91 here in Vegas with the basic bolt ons, Im low-mid 400's with e50 im just touching 500whp. You are NOT getting 500whp off our shitty 91. IDK if its even possible on 93??? I guess if your tuner sets it up without much margin you may touch it, but why drive around in a ticking bomb.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
I couldve sworn i seen several cali youtubers with fbo on stock turbo and a custom tune hit very close to 500whp like they always get around 496whp on the dyno. But these were done with 2020 and early 2021 fully unlocked ecu’s mostly. Im pretty sure you if you live somewhere with 93 fuel and a fully unlocked ecu you should be able hit over 500 (assuming you add good exhaust to you fbo too)?

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No reason to upgrade the charge pipe with stock turbo or even hybrid turbos.

Over 500 is very doable without ANY fueling hardware upgrades. Not sure why people keep stating you need to upgrade.