AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
So there you have it.

You have 3 options:

1) Sell the car and get an S58 powered car
2) Buy a hybrid turbo and knock your way around town on an aggressive 91 tune.
3) Leave California

3 is probably the best life decision at this point in time, for you.. and your cross dressing German baby
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I couldve sworn i seen several cali youtubers with fbo on stock turbo and a custom tune hit very close to 500whp like they always get around 496whp on the dyno. But these were done with 2020 and early 2021 fully unlocked ecu’s mostly. Im pretty sure you if you live somewhere with 93 fuel and a fully unlocked ecu you should be able hit over 500 (assuming you add good exhaust to you fbo too)?
Yes. But with ethanol+93 blended, not 91 octane.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Yeah I just don't want to be able to use regular pump gas and not have to worry about finding meth.

So it looks like full bolt ons (exhaust, downpipe, chargepipe) at the bare minimum with a tune. And if I really want to make sure I hit 500whp, a turbo upgrade and port injection (what part do I get for this??).

I also plan to be tracking this so I want reliable 500whp and cooling. Sounds like I should get an intake manifold?
Full bolt-ons + turbo upgrade will get you to into 500's around 530whp give or take as I am basing this on 98RON fuel. If you need more juice add Port injection into the mix. As for cooling get an EOS or CSF intake manifold the best one's out there. As for oil cooling trans etc. Go for a CSF cooling package Heat Exchanger + Two Auxiliary Radiators + DCT Cooler. If you buy an intake manifold it will have a Port injection bungs on each cylinder do keep that in mind.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
is cali fuel really that bad? I have no idea as I always use 98 Ron Fuel which is equivalent to 93 in the states.
Not just CA but most western states the highest is 91. It's quite unfortunate.

OP
OP

damage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997 GT3, R8 V10+, 570s, 911GT3 RS
So it sounds like I'll need to upgrade Turbo then. For those that upgraded the turbo, did it increase lag noticeably?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Or.. just.. buy fuel by the barrel, which is incredibly easy.
There are a good amount of E85 stations in California though so ordering isn't necessary. Especially in the Los Angeles area where the OP is.

It doesn't matter though because they stated they aren't interested in alternative fueling.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 3.02.24 PM.png

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
. If you need more juice add Port injection into the mix. As for cooling get an EOS or CSF intake manifold the best one's out there. As for oil cooling trans etc. Go for a CSF cooling package Heat Exchanger + Two Auxiliary Radiators + DCT Cooler. If you buy an intake manifold it will have a Port injection bungs on each cylinder do keep that in mind.
None of that is necessary. CSF is crap. The heat exchangers/radiators/trans cooler (Supra doesn't have a DCT) aren't necessary at all for a street car and arguably not even necessary for a track car. CSF bits are worse than stock in that area.

Intake manifold upgrade would be a good idea if the OP does long highway pulls or plans on tracking the car. Everything else is a waste of money.

Don't need port injection AT all for 500, or any other fueling hardware upgrades. Waste of money for the OP's goals.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None of that is necessary. CSF is crap. The heat exchangers/radiators/trans cooler (Supra doesn't have a DCT) aren't necessary at all for a street car and arguably not even necessary for a track car. CSF bits are worse than stock in that area.
I did not know that CSF is that bad. Most the guys here got CSF heat exchangers, so I didn't doubt it. Yeah mb on including the DCT was copying from a website didn't notice.
Intake manifold upgrade would be a good idea if the OP does long highway pulls or plans on tracking the car. Everything else is a waste of money.

Don't need port injection AT all for 500, or any other fueling hardware upgrades. Waste of money for the OP's goals.
Intake manifold is always nice. as I said PI is for extra juice over 500. I didn't mean it in the sense you need it to hit 500.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So it sounds like I'll need to upgrade Turbo then. For those that upgraded the turbo, did it increase lag noticeably?
A bit of lag nothing to be sad about. Plus you have anti-lag so for street pulls ur good.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
how is normal 91 different from ACN91.
It's crap, less knock resistance than better 91, "for emissions reasons".

ACN = Arizona, California, Nevada.

Now that I have moved to the East Coast from California, 93 feels like race gas to tune with compared.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's crap, less knock resistance than better 91, "for emissions reasons".

ACN = Arizona, California, Nevada.

Now that I have moved to the East Coast from California, 93 feels like race gas to tune with compared.
I feel bad for the people there. Pain in the ass tbh.
Sponsored