OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
WELL, It says even if your booster is fried, your brakes will work but just super hard to press the pedal. lol And you get a few brake cycles before it does that.. I think thats how i am reading it...
The best thing to do is NOT to start the car improperly. That's the cause and easy to avoid.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The best thing to do is NOT to start the car improperly. That's the cause and easy to avoid.
yeah, but who says it wont be damaged from other ways of starting...... just saying.... lol
Best thing is not even start the car..........

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
However, prior to a loss of brake assist, the full brake assist function is available for approximately two or three full brake applications, or approximately six partial brake applications. Fully mechanical braking (without assist) is not affected, and remains available.
Use the 2-3 wisely lol.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V598-4872.PDF

If this condition was noticed on a potentially affected vehicle prior to this recall, the remedy would be covered by the BMW / Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty program. Therefore, reimbursement for a pre-notification remedy re Part 573.13 and Part 577.11 is not necessary.
So I guess from today onwards if you mess up the booster, etc. it's on you? But the word "noticed" is open to interpretation..

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
i believe one guy on the facebook page said he had to get his booster fixed and it was a pain in the ass.
Been so long since I've logged into FB.. Curious to know the man-hours that went in and what got replaced..

Attachments

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Been so long since I've logged into FB.. Curious to know the man-hours that went in and what got replaced..
my guess, its close to the firewall? And you gotta remove a ton of stuff to get to it? Too bad its not an older Honda. Brake booster is right there.. LOL

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
yeah, but who says it wont be damaged from other ways of starting...... just saying.... lol
Best thing is not even start the car..........
Lets not panic! Hopefully any data to come our way will help narrow down the possible affected cars. I understand its a high risk scenario. Lets use our communication platforms to educate more people instead.

Please follow:
- 1 start button press with a firm brake pedal pedal push to start the car.
- 3 start button presses for diagnostic mode

DON’T FOLLOW
- 2 start button presses at any time = kaboom!
- Lightly push the brake pedal when starting the car = kaboom!

-RJM

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Now if only there was a definition of "firm" and "lightly" that wasn't entirely up to personal interpretation. :rolleyes:

I guess it's "mash it with all your might" every time you start the car then.. LOL! Safety first and all.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
If the brake booster is fried will it trigger a code? How noticeable is the issue? I assume it would trigger an error code and be noticeable. At least I’d hope.

I have never pushed the start button twice when starting, but may have had a “light” pedal press when starting.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
If the brake booster is fried will it trigger a code? How noticeable is the issue? I assume it would trigger an error code and be noticeable. At least I’d hope.

I have never pushed the start button twice when starting, but may have had a “light” pedal press when starting.
well, if the brake booster is fried, your brake pedal would be super stiff when pressing down. According to the recall notes, you still get 2-3 brake pedal attempts before the brake assist is gone. Lol

but very good questions. This entire thing gives me a damn headache. I mean I just don’t want to risk my life and life of others on the road. Hey, I maybe overly worried, but when it comes to brakes, I don’t mess around.
Sponsored