Please help me out!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You’ll be fine buddy. Your going to get some battle scars from it being your daily. If your overly anal like me, get yourself a daily where you don’t care about as much and make your Supra your weekend car. You wouldn’t need to worry about it as much!
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Definitely agree with everything @Axix23 said. It's going to get a little scuffed up unless you wrap it up and keep it in a storage locker somewhere. It's going to get little knicks and scratches, especially if it's your daily.

PPF is going to be your friend, the paint is pretty soft on these things. I have a bunch of knicks and scratches on the front bumper and hood because I waited on PPF and went to the track a bunch first. Oops.

You will need to accept at some point that you're going to get some scratches or you're going to implode.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Two personal opinions for consideration:

1. As anal as you're being about this...got get the entire car PPF or wrapped. I don't see any other solution for you.

2. It's a car...they drive down the road and hit things the entire time. Scratches are going to happen. Who cares, enjoy it, do the best you can to mitigate them while driving and polish them out while cleaning.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two personal opinions for consideration:

1. As anal as you're being about this...got get the entire car PPF or wrapped. I don't see any other solution for you.

2. It's a car...they drive down the road and hit things the entire time. Scratches are going to happen. Who cares, enjoy it, do the best you can to mitigate them while driving and polish them out while cleaning.
Two comments here.

1. Yup - Totally agree
2. Yup - Totally agree

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
First and foremost welcome to the forum! We have several knowledgeable people from WA State that can help with your questions.

I will try to answer a few of them. Your detailer is correct about the ceramic coating. If the scratch is light enough more coating can conceal it. Even if a scratch gets into your clear coat it can be buffed out.

I know you’re hesitant about PPF but I think its a must in this state. Especially when you’re sensitive to new scratches. These cars kick up a lot of sand, gravel and road debris from the sticky tires. I would also recommend the ZL1 rock guards.

Congrats on the new Supra.

-RJM
What he said. The zl1 rock guards should be the first “mod” any new owner does.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
From my understanding, you can ceramic coat over PPF, but you can't/shouldn't PPF over ceramic coat since it's not going to be a proper seal/cover. You might have to get the ceramic coat removed and redone after PPF -- I highly recommend it in Washington since these cars kick up gravel a lot, and there's plenty on WA roads.

If this is your daily, I'd expect some wear and tear -- you'd need to have deep pockets to repaint every minor ding and scratch that happens.

As for your pictures, none of the scratches on the paint seem like they won't buff out. Not as sure about the pillars, but I also really don't know the procedure around those.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
My pillars also had some markings and they buffed/polished those out and my questions about that is does Toyota coat these pillars at all? Like is it bad to buff/polish them or is it perfectly fine?
IMG_2381.jpg
~ Mine were marked / scratched up as well at time of new delivery.

I had a paint correct done on them and then I wrapped them with ppf.

They look great now and are well protected.

850FAD67-6D9A-4B22-B2B4-0F4CEB72026B.jpeg

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm you but for making sure everything is sorted under the hood. Go enjoy the car - battle scars are part of the game and give you street cred! :thumbsup: The first time I took marbles to the front bumper/hood of this car on-track they left rubber on the surface I thought I'd never get off. I know everyone enjoys their toys in different ways, but I would still have just as much fun driving this car today if I wasn't able to remove them!

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thanks for all the replies everyone it’s making me feel a lot better! Also, the Toys R Us trailer I got for free as when they went out of business they didn’t need it so I just took it LOL.

And about getting PPF it’d be quite a lot for the entire car and I don’t want to spend that kind of cash at the moment I just wanted to have a few questions answered as I’m also starting to not be so anal about it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And about getting PPF it’d be quite a lot for the entire car and I don’t want to spend that kind of cash at the moment
Money or sanity. Probably a few thousand for a full PPF, maybe more. The thing with PPF is you really need to do it before you get a ding that pisses you off. Maybe you can opt for just the hood/front bumper/fenders.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Money or sanity. Probably a few thousand for a full PPF, maybe more. The thing with PPF is you really need to do it before you get a ding that pisses you off. Maybe you can opt for just the hood/front bumper/fenders.
I’ll definitely consider it! What about my other questions? Mind answering 3 and 4 whenever you have time so I get some more insight and feedback? :)

Last edited: