Please help me out!

10ICTXN

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 White
Can't respond for all, but yes go get PPF before you regret it, if not for the whole thing, at least the front bumper!
At this point, I'm like even considering PPF on the windscreen lol.
I've PPF on the headlights as well.
I ha
Dude, you’re being neurotic, stop overthinking it!

yes, what the detailed said is possible, and if it was through the clearcoat, you would know it, and they wouldn’t be able to buff it out.

yes, constantly buffing out every tiny imperfection is eventually going to take its toll on your paint. Take care of the car, it shouldn’t be getting scratched all the time.

The a pillars are uncoated plastic. If there are scratches, it’s ok to have them polished out.

No, you’re not going to affect the body lines of the car by having them buff scratches, it’s not made out of clay.

just take a deep breath, it’s gonna be alright. :)
ppf is a good idea for the pillars
Sponsored

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Also has anyone else gotten scratches on theirs/had to buff/polish them out? Want to know if I'm the only one haha. I'm super careful so I know it wasn't from another car it was definitely from a tree branch/branches. The car only has 700 miles. Maybe some could've been from rocks on the road not too sure but would like to see if anyone else got some on theirs and what they did!
I am OCD about my car so I can completely connect with all of your concerns. I also daily drive my baby. :)

After I got my car, I had her fully wrapped in XPEL PPF and ceramic coating. My installer buffed out all the swirlies, she had many, including the swirlies on the black pillars.

Since she's white, if she had scratches, I didn't notice and probably still won't notice now.

PFF on a white Supra has its pitfalls, but you will not have some of the issues I have since from the pictures, it seems you have turbulence gray.

With all that said, scratches and rock chips might be more noticeable in darker colors and if you want to minimize your stress, you may want to consider getting your car fully wrapped.

Also, get the mud flaps to reduce more scratches. I used to cringe when I hear thousands of pebbles when I drive in specific areas. Now, I can breathe and I still drive slow when I hear them. Good luck!

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'll chime in too in regards to this situation. Cars and anything that has to deal with a car (ex. Paint, wheels, pillars, windshield, etc.) aren't mean't to be bulletproof. The only way a car can't be fucked up in any way is by storing it in a museum, but what fun is owning a car only for display, right?
888844D5-6A62-49D3-ACDD-3C4ED9A40B65.jpeg

(i just took this pic 2 mins. ago btw lol)

my car is an example, i was walking back to the parking lot because i forgot my wallet, and 2 different/big groups of people were crowding around my car taking pictures of it because it looks so clean and what not. Everyone was excited about it and praising it while i stood in the distance watching waiting for them to disperse lol. They saw how clean it is, BUT this is where they are wrong.
BEC1A6B4-031C-4E92-A767-11169035DF70.jpeg
CEA9AA5E-8B51-43CA-AB8D-8D826D51C0FC.jpeg
61C1B75E-C1A9-4780-B2DF-C0A17086DC41.jpeg

(also took these 2 mins. ago lol)

the car has been blasted with rock chips and other blemishes from random/ unavoidable road debris. Does it bother me..? Yes, but at the end of the day, i enjoyed the hell out of the car every where i went.. you make sacrifices and you live with the consequences. It doesn't bother me at all any more because i do have almost 18k miles on the car. I bought it brand new so i've seen everything i've put this car through. These blemishes and what ever else imperfections the car has won't kill me because i intended to take this car everywhere til' the fucking wheels fall off, that's how much i enjoy this car lol.

so in conclusion; enjoy your car and stop worrying over the little things. ??

P.S.- my car is also ceramic coated and everything so we're on the same boat.
It looks so good man and thanks so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I am OCD about my car so I can completely connect with all of your concerns. I also daily drive my baby. :)

After I got my car, I had her fully wrapped in XPEL PPF and ceramic coating. My installer buffed out all the swirlies, she had many, including the swirlies on the black pillars.

Since she's white, if she had scratches, I didn't notice and probably still won't notice now.

PFF on a white Supra has its pitfalls, but you will not have some of the issues I have since from the pictures, it seems you have turbulence gray.

With all that said, scratches and rock chips might be more noticeable in darker colors and if you want to minimize your stress, you may want to consider getting your car fully wrapped.

Also, get the mud flaps to reduce more scratches. I used to cringe when I hear thousands of pebbles when I drive in specific areas. Now, I can breathe and I still drive slow when I hear them. Good luck!
I’ll look into the mudflaps, thank you so much!!

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Couple things. First the pillars are plastic. They will scratch and you cannot avoid it. Second. The clear on this car is really soft. I am anal too about taking care of my car and with black, it is impossible to keep scratches off. I buff noticeable scratches off all the time.
Made me feel so much better! Thanks so much for taking the time to read and reply. Feels good knowing I’m not the only one who overthinks! Haha

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thank you to everyone who took the time to read and reply! You guys helped me a ton and it’s awesome to see I’m not the only one who can be a bit overprotective! Not gonna worry about minor scratches and I’ll only buff out ones that are super noticeable so I’m starting to enjoy the car more and worry less!