Please help me out!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
3. My pillars also had some markings and they buffed/polished those out and my questions about that is does Toyota coat these pillars at all? Like is it bad to buff/polish them or is it perfectly fine?

4. Can the body lines of the Supra be affected by buffing/polishing or is that a stupid question to ask? Sorry my mind just wonders and I know it's metal but I just like to have my mind put at ease.
I believe the pillars are coated. They should buff out, but you'll have to be gentle, they are plastic.

Na, the body lines are fine. It is just metal ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I believe the pillars are coated. They should buff out, but you'll have to be gentle, they are plastic.

Na, the body lines are fine. It is just metal ;)
Thank you so much! I figured it was a stupid question and to even modify body lines you’d need some heavy work done haha but I just get in my own head

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you so much! I figured it was a stupid question and to even modify body lines you’d need some heavy work done haha but I just get in my own head
All good dude. We all started somewhere.

ten_thousand.png

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I keep my cars super clean and never use "pro applied" ceramic coating or any of those long duration sealants offered by dealers.

Reason is things like scratches and dings can happen and it's a royal PITA to have to have that panel redone just because I had to polish out a scratch or scuff. I am also a trained PDR tech so I can push and pull dings out. The process include a knockdown tool and even wet sanding at times.. which can affect ceramic coating.

Ceramic is like a halfarsed protection to me. I use polymer sealant along with carnauba enhancers and keep my cars garaged. And if it's a daily driver I use clear bra and polymer sealant with polymer enhancers from time to time. Cars have no stains of any sort.

Unless my car was parked under a hot sauce loving bird nest crap farm tree with extra dish diarrhea, they will never see ceramic.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I have scratches, a small dent I discovered that only I can see, some swirls on the black plastic pillars as well, and a scuffed up front plastic trim piece due to hitting a cone when tracking it.

I once was so OCD about the condition of my cars that it was probably unhealthy.

Then I realized that paint can be fixed and parts can be replaced every so often, but what cannot be replaced is the time I lost driving the car because I was buffing out every little swirl, cleaning every little dirt spec, and worrying about rock chips on the freeway.

Therefore, I drive the snot out of it and worry less about the tiniest details and scratches. I am much happier now and love the car for what it is even though it’s imperfect.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have scratches, a small dent I discovered that only I can see, some swirls on the black plastic pillars as well, and a scuffed up front plastic trim piece due to hitting a cone when tracking it.

I once was so OCD about the condition of my cars that it was probably unhealthy.

Then I realized that paint can be fixed and parts can be replaced every so often, but what cannot be replaced is the time I lost driving the car because I was buffing out every little swirl, cleaning every little dirt spec, and worrying about rock chips on the freeway.

Therefore, I drive the snot out of it and worry less about the tiniest details and scratches. I am much happier now and love the car for what it is even though it’s imperfect.
This helped me so much man thank you so much! My girlfriend said the same thing—at the end of the day ITS JUST A CAR. You’re driving around a piece of metal thats fast so enjoy it because they can always be fixed if damaged!!

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I keep my cars super clean and never use "pro applied" ceramic coating or any of those long duration sealants offered by dealers.

Reason is things like scratches and dings can happen and it's a royal PITA to have to have that panel redone just because I had to polish out a scratch or scuff. I am also a trained PDR tech so I can push and pull dings out. The process include a knockdown tool and even wet sanding at times.. which can affect ceramic coating.

Ceramic is like a halfarsed protection to me. I use polymer sealant along with carnauba enhancers and keep my cars garaged. And if it's a daily driver I use clear bra and polymer sealant with polymer enhancers from time to time. Cars have no stains of any sort.

Unless my car was parked under a hot sauce loving bird nest crap farm tree with extra dish diarrhea, they will never see ceramic.
I got ceramic because I love the water beading affect and it does look pretty nice! It also wasn’t from the dealer I got it done at a detail shop. It gets really dusty here in WA and smokey so I think it’s actually a good idea to at least get a ceramic coating done if you aren’t going to PPF.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This helped me so much man thank you so much! My girlfriend said the same thing—at the end of the day ITS JUST A CAR. You’re driving around a piece of metal thats fast so enjoy it because they can always be fixed if damaged!!
Your girlfriend is a smart man.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

You're drunk, @puzzled ceramic is cool.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
You're drunk, @puzzled ceramic is cool.
Oh wait, did I post out loud? :D

I'm stuck between the retarded Zaino system with a hundred bottles to keep track, and ceramic which is super simple until paint correction needed.. then PITA.

I choose modern polymer sealant for the simplicity. Easy on, easy enhance, easy to maintain.. and easy to remove when needed.

Reactions: zrk

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll chime in because we're similar in a way, but like others are saying the car is meant to be enjoyed. Conceptually speaking, nobody will approach you and say dang, your car is so nice but that small scratch really ruins it.

Think of it like this. The car from mad max is really cool right? It's a prop, but it's not babied obviously. Wear and tear can show character in subtle ways. How you deal with it personally also shows character. While it reflects well on you to take care of things you like (humans and objects alike), it will reflect even better upon you as you confront cosmetic harm to the things you enjoy in a good way.

On a final note, having scratches, brake dust, leather wrinkles does not mean the car isn't well taken care of. Just look at FB marketplace and you'd feel better instantly. As we and the things we own age, we display the experiences we've been through. So enjoy it!

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'll chime in too in regards to this situation. Cars and anything that has to deal with a car (ex. Paint, wheels, pillars, windshield, etc.) aren't mean't to be bulletproof. The only way a car can't be fucked up in any way is by storing it in a museum, but what fun is owning a car only for display, right?
888844D5-6A62-49D3-ACDD-3C4ED9A40B65.jpeg

(i just took this pic 2 mins. ago btw lol)

my car is an example, i was walking back to the parking lot because i forgot my wallet, and 2 different/big groups of people were crowding around my car taking pictures of it because it looks so clean and what not. Everyone was excited about it and praising it while i stood in the distance watching waiting for them to disperse lol. They saw how clean it is, BUT this is where they are wrong.
BEC1A6B4-031C-4E92-A767-11169035DF70.jpeg
CEA9AA5E-8B51-43CA-AB8D-8D826D51C0FC.jpeg
61C1B75E-C1A9-4780-B2DF-C0A17086DC41.jpeg

(also took these 2 mins. ago lol)

the car has been blasted with rock chips and other blemishes from random/ unavoidable road debris. Does it bother me..? Yes, but at the end of the day, i enjoyed the hell out of the car every where i went.. you make sacrifices and you live with the consequences. It doesn't bother me at all any more because i do have almost 18k miles on the car. I bought it brand new so i've seen everything i've put this car through. These blemishes and what ever else imperfections the car has won't kill me because i intended to take this car everywhere til' the fucking wheels fall off, that's how much i enjoy this car lol.

so in conclusion; enjoy your car and stop worrying over the little things. ??

P.S.- my car is also ceramic coated and everything so we're on the same boat.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll chime in too in regards to this situation. Cars and anything that has to deal with a car (ex. Paint, wheels, pillars, windshield, etc.) aren't mean't to be bulletproof. The only way a car can't be fucked up in any way is by storing it in a museum, but what fun is owning a car only for display, right?
888844D5-6A62-49D3-ACDD-3C4ED9A40B65.jpeg

(i just took this pic 2 mins. ago btw lol)

my car is an example, i was walking back to the parking lot because i forgot my wallet, and 2 different/big groups of people were crowding around my car taking pictures of it because it looks so clean and what not. Everyone was excited about it and praising it while i stood in the distance watching waiting for them to disperse lol. They saw how clean it is, BUT this is where they are wrong.
BEC1A6B4-031C-4E92-A767-11169035DF70.jpeg
CEA9AA5E-8B51-43CA-AB8D-8D826D51C0FC.jpeg
61C1B75E-C1A9-4780-B2DF-C0A17086DC41.jpeg

(also took these 2 mins. ago lol)

the car has been blasted with rock chips and other blemishes from random/ unavoidable road debris. Does it bother me..? Yes, but at the end of the day, i enjoyed the hell out of the car every where i went.. you make sacrifices and you live with the consequences. It doesn't bother me at all any more because i do have almost 18k miles on the car. I bought it brand new so i've seen everything i've put this car through. These blemishes and what ever else imperfections the car has won't kill me because i intended to take this car everywhere til' the fucking wheels fall off, that's how much i enjoy this car lol.

so in conclusion; enjoy your car and stop worrying over the little things. ??
Hell yeah brother
yes-hell-ya-brother.gif

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Couple things. First the pillars are plastic. They will scratch and you cannot avoid it. Second. The clear on this car is really soft. I am anal too about taking care of my car and with black, it is impossible to keep scratches off. I buff noticeable scratches off all the time.
Sponsored