All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Like I give a shit about these sorts of silhouette car racing series. Nissan right now basically haven't got any good results in the miniscule amount of production car based racing that they're participating. Whatever they're able to achieve in Super GT has no relation to their production car side. TL;DR they suck while pretending they don't suck.

I don’t disagree with that. But only wanted to
Point out the fallacy of any race car really adhering to what can be bought at dealerships
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yeah sure, a silhouette race car that sort of looks like a production car but has barely any proper relationships with the production car at all.

Basically just marketing BS to make people think Nissan is still cool (lol) and none of their development in that racing series will be transferred over to the road car.
They also have a GT4 car, same as the Supra GT4. Much closer to a road car.

IMG_2754.jpeg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I really do! 😝 Good find ☝

Marketing money wise, I definitely don’t get that feel. On track or anywhere else. I would have never thought Toyota would have released production versions that they actually endorse owners to track 😳. Throw in a free track day, multiple starter series and two cars you can purchase to start amateur racing (full press releases, series to run in, etc.)

Actually reminds me of Nissan way back when they were doing this sort of thing. Just seems like they’ve lost that focus, so to speak, and Toyota is jumping in head 1st. 10 years ago, I woulda never thought seeing Toyotas (in these kind of numbers) at my local track…

I don’t disagree with that. But only wanted to
Point out the fallacy of any race car really adhering to what can be bought at dealerships
So true man. I was actually looking up the damn rental car we had on vacation on the Mazda site yesterday. Saw what I wanted and clicked a few more links:

https://www.mazdamotorsports.com/get-started/mx-5-cup-car

Definitely not at their dealership but they’re all in. I love that Mazda is still doing their thang. You can even feel it in that plus sized CX-90 we rented.

Last edited:

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
2024 updates

TLDR: 420hp 384tq still auto only

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
2024 updates

TLDR: 420hp 384tq still auto only
How much Xanax are folks taking to cope with 'no manual' Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Its a fun car and its great to drive." He drove the auto. "How do you make a high performance sportscar without a manual" = Ferrari, Lambo and others. Corvette. No sales issues. Whining and beeching over a gearbox lol. Get a fkn life. You said it was fun. What more do you want. Drive a PDK in real anger = no manual required. This review had 'no manual' spoke so many times yet he says he is not one to be all 'save the manual' BS taliban purist idiot. Sure.............

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
How much Xanax are folks taking to cope with 'no manual' Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Its a fun car and its great to drive." He drove the auto. "How do you make a high performance sportscar without a manual" = Ferrari, Lambo and others. Corvette. No sales issues. Whining and beeching over a gearbox lol. Get a fkn life. You said it was fun. What more do you want. Drive a PDK in real anger = no manual required. This review had 'no manual' spoke so many times yet he says he is not one to be all 'save the manual' BS taliban purist idiot. Sure.............
Their auto trans also sucks so that will only add to the complaints. It's not even in the same league as a zf8.

Bad auto trans = no fun to drive.

Good auto trans = yes please.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bet it still has a dipstick…
ouch! But sadly true…. Gimme a ‘get all this electronic shit off my car’ option. I’d gladly pay!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screenshot 2024-01-24 071505.png

Nissan Canada... you've got to be kidding! 😄
That‘s ~ $67k USD. Sounds about right for their mac daddy top of the line version?

It’s $66k USD for the 2024 anniversary edition of the Supra. Not sure what the Supra sells for up there 🇨🇦

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
That‘s ~ $67k USD. Sounds about right for their mac daddy top of the line version?

It’s $66k USD for the 2024 anniversary edition of the Supra. Not sure what the Supra sells for up there 🇨🇦
But let’s be real I see used used premium trim Z still asking 55K and that’s going to be outrageous when it comes to the nismo

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium

Supra is 72k brand new premium in canadian. Which is about right. We don't sell base models, all are premiums I think, some were the CF edition, very hard to find though.

A Nissan Z when it came out were 65k+ here due to mark ups. Now they're selling for 50-55k brand new or lightly used.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)