NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I never removed the CDV, after a while I just adjusted my driving habits to suit the 1-2 shift, the slipping issue I had was never a driver error. like many others here, I have driven a manual my whole life, and while CDV may have contributed to my issue, my only real slippage was in a very controlled specific scenario, WOT 1-2, and slipping into 3rd once it caught traction along with an hour-long smell of burnt clutch, as annoying as this was for the first few weeks, turns out in the real world, you don't really ever launch cars, at least I didn't. these cars have enough tq that 1st gear is just going to spin, so most of my pulls started in 2nd, and even if I floored it in 1st, as long as the car was already moving, it never slipped. In terms to the CDV deletes a lot of people who do it all sing its praises, I have yet to try one with it but I will also say this- the stock car (clutch slip issue aside) was already great for me, it was direct, notchy enough without being annoying and I could shift as fast as I wanted too 99% of the time, and it was miles ahead of the rubber box in the g8x bmw's. I may have got the ball rolling on this issue, but I just want to point out for anyone in the market and scared by this, the manual supra is amazing, it is a great trans, and for people who aren't going for big power, a pretty perfect platform with a few minor mods. if anyone has driven a 400z manual you know it is not even comparable, the only car I could say felt noticeably better in this range of cars is the Porsche GTS 4.0 that I test drove when ordering mine, and even then that's over 100k so im not sure how apples to apples it is.
Sponsored

BananaBoi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Update: Toyota said clutch is burned and will not be covered under warranty. AANNDD its an $8500 repair according to them.

First, I'm going to escalate this as high as I can. Theres absolutely no reason that the clutch should go out at 11k miles. Thats ridiculous.

And if I choose to get it repaired, my family's mechanic will be taking care of it for significantly cheaper.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Update: Toyota said clutch is burned and will not be covered under warranty. AANNDD its an $8500 repair according to them.
Other than the clutch, what else is damaged? This is surely more than a clutch replacement. Something is missing here.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

First, I'm going to escalate this as high as I can. Theres absolutely no reason that the clutch should go out at 11k miles. Thats ridiculous.

And if I choose to get it repaired, my family's mechanic will be taking care of it for significantly cheaper.
Something is not adding up. I wonder if Toyota is simply just trying to scare you away. You should take this opportunity to upgrade the clutch to something better than stock just in case you add my mods later and unlock the ECU.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

Similar to the quote my dealer gave me. They wanted over 4k just to tear it down to see if it would be covered under warranty. Given the rate of clutch failure on these cars it’s absolutely asinine that they are still playing stupid. I hope someone with more time and money than I do files a class action against them since it is inexcusable to claim everyone who has it is at fault. They told me the same BS at 800 miles. Best of luck.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Best post here on this thread. The drivers testing these are setting amazing times for the publications or websites without the CDV being removed. Lets just leave it that. The CDV removal is not a solution to poor driving skills or use beyond the system's ability. What it appears to be in a placebo effect found on forums.
Absolute L take.

When you're on a track, you're shifting as fast and hard as mechanical sympathy will allow. Those guys probably leave the automatic rev matching on as well.

What the CDV really screwed up for me was the finesse situations, like 1-2 at medium accel or downshifting with a manual rev match (I have the automatic shit turned off because if I wanted automatic I would have bought an automatic.)

You know, the stuff that makes driving manual enjoyable.