Easy Way to Display Temperature, Boost, etc.

OP
OP
Bassoonytoon

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Update: I found the refresh rate on these gauges to be incredibly slow. I'm sure it's fine for things like temps, but it was unusable for me for anything that required real time feedback like boost and AFR.

Anybody else have a similar or different experience?

It was refreshing <= 1 time a second.
That’s too bad. What device are you using? For me, most gauges are fast (RPM is instantaneous) but boost and AFR will display for a split second before refreshing. That said, they do update several times per second.

There are a couple of things to try that could help.
  • In “Settings,” go to “Preferences” and then “Communication”
  • Make sure that “Fast Polling” is active and lower your dwell time to 0ms (if it’s not already)
  • You could also try changing your “Communication Type” to see if that helps (switching to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth depending on how you are currently connecting).
  • Make sure your app and the OBD module are both up to date.
Some gauges will have a “Number of Samples” selection in the “Display Configuration” tab. I doubt this is what is happening, but it is worth a look.

Finally, try creating a dash with only boost or AFR. Use a different kind of gauge than what you are currently using to see if this gives you a different result.

I hope one of these solves it for you.

Good luck!
Sponsored

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
There are a couple of things to try that could help.
Thanks, I will try these. There was a firmware update that popped up right when I loaded the app, but I ignored it because I was short on time. I'll try out your tips soon and report back.

Phantom Menace

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium in Phantom Matte Grey
I have an Obd link MX (not MX+) all I really want is coolant and oil temp (especially oil), and maybe IAT.
Will the MX get me these values from a 2022?

OP
OP
Bassoonytoon

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Thought I might as well update this thread for those who want to try this method of mounting their phone and displaying some further information while driving.

Here is a closer picture of the phone as it is mounted. The far right side of the screen is blocked by the shifter but there is still enough screen visible for a lot of easily visible information.

20230920_201533.jpg

I have also updated my display. Maybe someone will find this useful. I moved most of the displays left so that I can see everything without the shifter blocking anything. I then put a speed/tach readout on the right so my son can see them easily while driving (these are blocked by the shifter so I can't see them). The colours match those of the temperature display fairly well.

IMG_E9730.JPG

I also made a display that more closely resembles the gauges. It's obviously not a perfect match. It would be great if this app allowed us to use different fonts. If they ever update it to allow this, we could get pretty close.

IMG_E9729.JPG

Hope some of you find this helpful!