Nitron R3 & SPL Swaybar clearance issue

Eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra and 2018 WRX STi
Hey guys, new in thread here. I got issue with the Front Endlink with NTR R3. The front endlink does not have enough clearance to the wheel hub, so its damaged by the bracket on the wheelhub, is this an installation issue? Do i need to change the direction of the endlink mount on the suspenstion?
I saw some successful application of this set up online so wondering if the installation is wrong.
Thank you so much guys
No clearance.jpg
Swaybar.jpg
Sponsored

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Sway link is installed wrong on both ends. The joint that is mounted on the damper should have the stud facing towards the front of the car. The joint that mounts to the sway bar should have the stud facing away the chassis. Nitrons sway bracket is adjustable as well if you’re still having clearance issues you can rotate the bracket till the link is perpendicular to the damper.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sway link is installed wrong on both ends. The joint that is mounted on the damper should have the stud facing towards the front of the car. The joint that mounts to the sway bar should have the stud facing into the chassis. Nitrons sway bracket is adjustable as well if you’re still having clearance issues you can rotate the bracket till the link is perpendicular to the damper.
Thank you for your reply, I tried to follow the graph here when installing:
Screenshot 2024-04-28 022247.png

and I watched a few youtube video they all installed like this
Screenshot 2024-04-28 022147.png
Screenshot 2024-04-28 022136.png

I tried to do the bottom with stud into the chasis, it seems worth because there is less clearance.

OP
OP

Eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sway link is installed wrong on both ends. The joint that is mounted on the damper should have the stud facing towards the front of the car. The joint that mounts to the sway bar should have the stud facing into the chassis. Nitrons sway bracket is adjustable as well if you’re still having clearance issues you can rotate the bracket till the link is perpendicular to the damper.
I will try to rotate the bracket for a little bit then, thank you for your advise.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
I will try to rotate the bracket for a little bit then, thank you for your advise.
No caffeine yet, I’m taking a closer look at your first photo, it looks like you the joint is facing forward. Rotate the bracket and you should be good.
Sponsored