Whirl “GR steering wheel” for A90 Supra

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I reached out to Whirl through Facebook regarding the pictured steering wheel since it’s a very attractive option.

The representative stated each unit runs $1350 not including the M1 & M2 triggers. This price, I believe, does not including shipping.

AEEE7718-B4EC-4689-9971-48220AF68187.jpeg
8225B4F7-CF05-4C04-88EE-951390BFEADC.jpeg
Sponsored

jorgerendonjr

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion F-RS RS1.0
I really like this, I’m interested in purchasing one but is it even plug and play?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
This is awesome, but does that price include the airbag? I make lots of custom wheels but all OEM Style, reason we have no done bmw retrofit is airbag worries. 1350 is not that bad because the BMW G series cores are a lot more expensive then the supra cores, combine that with an airbag, very good price

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I really like this, I’m interested in purchasing one but is it even plug and play?
This is awesome, but does that price include the airbag? I make lots of custom wheels but all OEM Style, reason we have no done bmw retrofit is airbag worries. 1350 is not that bad because the BMW G series cores are a lot more expensive then the supra cores, combine that with an airbag, very good price
I agree the price isn’t bad at all— just too much for my 4 banger!

Regarding installation… the only thing I inquired about was the M triggers. The rep was very responsive, so I’m sure they’ll answer any questions.

Hopefully they offer alternative wrapping for people with sweaty hands like me.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I agree the price isn’t bad at all— just too much for my 4 banger!

Regarding installation… the only thing I inquired about was the M triggers. The rep was very responsive, so I’m sure they’ll answer any questions.

Hopefully they offer alternative wrapping for people with sweaty hands like me.
if you want a cheaper well, that is still very nice, send me a PM.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
That's a decent price. I wonder if we could get a group buy together if there is enough people who wants in. Might save a little bit on shipping.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
What does m button do
Rep said they have no function for now. Idk if that means they can be programmed/utilized for something.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Any word on if the rest of the steering wheel controls work as they should? Plug & play? Any issues with the different airbag?

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
It seems the steering vibration module might not fit.

Personally I think it looks like… uh… it would go well with sheep skin seat and dash covers. ?‍?
I definitely prefer a full leather-wrapped wheel (hopefully an option if I decide to go with Whirl).

That is a good point regarding the vibration, though I think most people would be fine without it.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
That is a good point regarding the vibration, though I think most people would be fine without it.
Not using it is one thing, but not having it connected might cause ECU errors, which could be an issue if there’s ever another recall that requires an ECU update.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Even if the M buttons were just programmed to duplicate the sport button itself that would be fantastic... they could even both be programmed the same and I wouldn't care. Trying to push that thing without looking is a bitch, how hard would it have been to mold something tactile into it? First world problems...
Sponsored