Windshield Replacement (camera calibration) and Femto tune.

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Search function coming up dry atm.. Like the topic says I have to replace my windshield and safelight is being difficult claiming they have to recalibrate the camera. Should I be concerned with my femto unlock
Sponsored

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Saw a couple of threads that all looked like the dealer has to be the one to do the calibration. I can't imagine it would have any impact on your unlock. Doesn't sound like there's any ECU work that needs to be done, but that's just my take from the limited research that I've done.

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Just had mine replaced in December, I think with any car that has auto cruise control etc they supposedly have to do that. The only other thing they will do is reset DTC for codes that come up after the replacement so nothing that will mess with your ECU or any other car settings

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just had mine replaced in December, I think with any car that has auto cruise control etc they supposedly have to do that. The only other thing they will do is reset DTC for codes that come up after the replacement so nothing that will mess with your ECU or any other car settings
Safelite charges around $450 to do the calibration. Takes maybe 5 minutes. It's total BS.

The way this car goes through windshields I think I might just get ISTA or even the right scan tool setup and save some money by doing it myself. The windshield is $550.

skyviper80

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 WRX STI, 2020 GR Supra
Safelite was not able to re-calibrate my windshield with my BM3 Stage 2 OTS map flashed. I had to flash my car back to the stock tune for them to complete calibration.

They also broke the clips on both trim pieces. They replaced them but not until I got extremely vocal.

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Safelite charges around $450 to do the calibration. Takes maybe 5 minutes. It's total BS.

The way this car goes through windshields I think I might just get ISTA or even the right scan tool setup and save some money by doing it myself. The windshield is $550.
Oh shit that is a rip off. Guess I didn't know because of FL windshield law, i didn't have to pay a deductible or anything.

Johnny Utah

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 P
I’m now in the “windshield club” after a drive on I-285 in ATL last week! Safelight quoted $1500 full replacement including calibration.

IMG_8489.jpeg

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Happened to me. Paper thin windshield smfh
Sponsored