Clutch Slipping on stock A91 MT...

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Your elitism is getting a little annoying.
Don’t drive a manual - you’re a moron.
Have a mechanical issue - you obviously don’t know how to drive.
Own an automatic - you dumb shit, why’d you buy that?!
Get off your high horse and let people drive what they wanna drive and own what they wanna own.
Good to know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
A3170EB2-24DD-4F86-AC2C-AF605E11E4AF.jpeg

I have this on my auto insurance for my 2023 MT Supra. I wonder if this would cover this issue if I came across it or perhaps cover the dealers inspection fee.
I’m gonna get this too

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So this thread/ topic has taken a turn lol. I’ll say this, I’m no Ben Collins but I can shift a car. Between cars and bikes manual transmission are not something I’m a stranger too. My issues aside I actually really enjoy this Transmisson, I love the short throws, it’s not too rubbery like a lot of bmws, position of the
Gear lever etc, reverse is a bit of a faf forsure but oh well first world problem. I’m also pretty confident that my issue is probably isolated to my car and a defective part of some sort, again like I mentioned earlier my guess is slave cylinder or pressure plate. I think Toyota handled my particular case quite poorly given that it was a stock car with such low miles but such is life. I’m still gonna enjoy it and drive it like it’s meant to be driven, if it fails well shit hopefully they cover it then, if not well hopefully you guys order lots of steering wheels so I can afford to fix it 😂 oh and since we have already derailed this thread worse then the train derailments happening in this country, I’m having a 98 M roadster inspected Thursday in hopes of adding it to the collection! Drove it the other day and wow does an old M make the Supra feel like a fat pig 🐽
DE0AA13B-44C5-4765-8238-0D3B1EED7B64.jpeg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Came here for manual Supra clutches, left with no information, 20 side convos, and everyone’s opinion about irrelevant things. There’s now 2 threads about the same topic 10+ pages that have completely gone off track now. Kill these threads unless you have something to add to the ACTUAL conversation.
Totally :offtopic: …. Good point brother! I actually PM ‘ed @Foogazzi to continue the convo. I should have done It sooner. This is my 1st auto trans in decades and loving it! But I bet even the auto has some odd failures. I really hope it is a limited issue. We’re all happy Toyota came out with this manual. I just hope we don’t loose @NitroYellowMKV 😢 He’s been a huge help for owners like me!

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
So this thread/ topic has taken a turn lol. I’ll say this, I’m no Ben Collins but I can shift a car. Between cars and bikes manual transmission are not something I’m a stranger too. My issues aside I actually really enjoy this Transmisson, I love the short throws, it’s not too rubbery like a lot of bmws, position of the
Gear lever etc, reverse is a bit of a faf forsure but oh well first world problem. I’m also pretty confident that my issue is probably isolated to my car and a defective part of some sort, again like I mentioned earlier my guess is slave cylinder or pressure plate. I think Toyota handled my particular case quite poorly given that it was a stock car with such low miles but such is life. I’m still gonna enjoy it and drive it like it’s meant to be driven, if it fails well shit hopefully they cover it then, if not well hopefully you guys order lots of steering wheels so I can afford to fix it 😂 oh and since we have already derailed this thread worse then the train derailments happening in this country, I’m having a 98 M roadster inspected Thursday in hopes of adding it to the collection! Drove it the other day and wow does an old M make the Supra feel like a fat pig 🐽
DE0AA13B-44C5-4765-8238-0D3B1EED7B64.jpeg
I have a 2002 M Roadster and for 11.5 years it has ben a blast to drive. I also had a 2000 M roadster for 6.5 years before this one. They are indeed a lot of fun.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I have a 2002 M Roadster and for 11.5 years it has ben a blast to drive. I also had a 2000 M roadster for 6.5 years before this one. They are indeed a lot of fun.
Please if you have time and are knowledgeable on the platform I’d love to ask some questions regarding what to look for. Thank you

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Adding to the off topic…

It seems a lot of folks are taking things personally. Maybe assertions could have been made more gracefully but the fact that there exists a skill-gradient with regards to operating a vehicle, the trans specifically, isn’t groundbreaking. Some of us are going to be inherently more damaging, whether it is an issue of skill or of how quickly we adjust to a new platform. (*edit - I am not a good driver 🙃)
I personally do not love the clutch in the MT - as I posted previously. At the same time, I enjoy the reverse gear location and have no issue getting into gear. To be fair, I also picked this car up with a surgery boot on my foot and was able to get home in one piece. I’m also more at home in a 4-speed from 1960 than I am in any of the new rides. To each their own.

Anyway, it’s a first model year. There will be issues and the true value of forums like this, and threads like these, is the fact that we can compile stories and data if it becomes an issue of us-against-Toyota.

PS - The real enemy is our dust shield issue on the front rotors. That is more enraging than the possible clutch issues! 🙃

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
I know the platform very well and would happy answering any questions. Not sure how to contact you directly.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

Kaitain

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Adding to the off topic…

It seems a lot of folks are taking things personally. Maybe assertions could have been made more gracefully but the fact that there exists a skill-gradient with regards to operating a vehicle, the trans specifically, isn’t groundbreaking. Some of us are going to be inherently more damaging, whether it is an issue of skill or of how quickly we adjust to a new platform. (*edit - I am not a good driver 🙃)
I personally do not love the clutch in the MT - as I posted previously. At the same time, I enjoy the reverse gear location and have no issue getting into gear. To be fair, I also picked this car up with a surgery boot on my foot and was able to get home in one piece. I’m also more at home in a 4-speed from 1960 than I am in any of the new rides. To each their own.

Anyway, it’s a first model year. There will be issues and the true value of forums like this, and threads like these, is the fact that we can compile stories and data if it becomes an issue of us-against-Toyota.

PS - The real enemy is our dust shield issue on the front rotors. That is more enraging than the possible clutch issues! 🙃
What dust shield issue? Sorry, first time seeing this.

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What dust shield issue? Sorry, first time seeing this.
These Supras have a tendency to collect pebbles between the front brake rotor and the dust shield. There is a large opening at the top, which funnels into an area of lesser clearance. Sometimes the debris frees itself but other times require you get in there and force it out.

Most folks seem less bothered but it drives Mrs absolutely bonkers.

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
Does anyone know how to turn off or on the rev match function? Couldn't find in the Vehicle settings.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
These Supras have a tendency to collect pebbles between the front brake rotor and the dust shield. There is a large opening at the top, which funnels into an area of lesser clearance. Sometimes the debris frees itself but other times require you get in there and force it out.

Most folks seem less bothered but it drives Mrs absolutely bonkers.
Whats the symptoms of this?

Phil