SUPRA ULTIMATE JB4 GUIDE AND LOG REVIEW (V1)

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Colonel we went to the backend flash Javi wanted to try it. That’s what netted us this. Going to test drivability now. It seemed to behave on the Dyno though

At some point the DME basically said piss off and stopped boosting over twelve psi so we reflashed with the BEF. Did map 1 made good power and jumped to map5 and it made that.

MHD OTS e40 stage 2 = 426/505

jb4 BEF/map5 = 460/505
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Colonel we went to the backend flash Javi wanted to try it. That’s what netted us this. Going to test drivability now. It seemed to behave on the Dyno though

At some point the DME basically said piss off and stopped boosting over twelve psi so we reflashed with the BEF. Did map 1 made good power and jumped to map5 and it made that.

MHD OTS e40 stage 2 = 426/505

jb4 BEF/map5 = 460/505
Ah ok... so the BEF does work.:hmm:

@Jesse DaBears is right, you can get more E in the tank and get those numbers up to 480+ probably.

FF needs to adapt up a little by driving.

If you can clean up the timing a bit more on Map 5 with more E, we can try a Map 6 with 23 psi targets.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Ah ok... so the BEF does work.:hmm:

@Jesse DaBears is right, you can get more E in the tank and get those numbers up to 480+ probably.

FF needs to adapt up a little by driving.
With the right map I guarantee 500+ based on his log.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very nice. This BEF + JB4 is a way more potent combo than I expected.
Look at the two major things

Cal Tq
Fueling (AFR / Trims)

Its honestly amazing. MHD can add the fuel you need and remove the TQ Limiters.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Will do. I’ll up the content a bit. And drive to let it adapt. Javi messed with some adaptation and other settings. It seems to be behaving going to drive it here in a min.

For a 2020 335hp car with a DP and filter and tune making that in FL humidity that’s pretty good by me. It’s safe. AFR, Trims, boost looks good. It’s not 6 port 21 382hp so I’ll take those gains. Sorry @Jesse DaBears if that’s weak is what it is they all run a little different. Temps/Humidity down here don’t make for great Dyno queens… car was hot as hell and we did like 20 runs today

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry @Jesse DaBears if that’s weak is what it is they all run a little different. Temps/Humidity down here don’t make for great Dyno queens…
Don't take it the wrong way, he is just saying there is more power on the table if that's what you want.

You have plenty of fuel headroom from what it looks like. So more E + more boost can get you closer to 500.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't take it the wrong way, he is just saying there is more power on the table if that's what you want.

You have plenty of fuel headroom from what it looks like. So more E + more boost can get you closer to 500.
Correct. Its very low boost. 20 tapered to 18 is not much. If it was 93 sure.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Yea car is super hot. We did 20 runs plus. Garage is getting hot.

if wet let it cool off for an hour probably 470. A cooler day maybe 480.

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea car is super hot. We did 20 runs plus. Garage is getting hot.

if wet let it cool off for an hour probably 470. A cooler day maybe 480.
IATs were high but nothing too crazy. Yeah it probably could do a bit more power with lower IATs. Maybe 470, but doubt much more than that at 20 psi.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is what I’m referring to

https://datazap.me/u/phantomx2k/bef-map5?log=0&data=1-4

This is not safe 35psi boost 21 psi boost2 part throttle just trying to pull out in traffic
Gotcha yes, now I can see the problem. I will get a closer look soon.

Make sure to send this log to Terry too.

Your engine is fine, throttle did its job.

@Jesse DaBears hard to argue with that. BEF definitely has partial pedal issues. I guess wide open works fine. Can't imagine what in the BEF would provoke it to go full wastegate closed at partial load 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
HUGE THANK YOU to Terry at Burger
HUGE Shout out to Javi at Midnite Motorsports we did so many damn runs and logs today and he was awesome! Highly recommend.

I sent Terry a frantic message about the boost spike and we ended spending an hour on email going back and forth troubleshooting. There was a lot of flashes, reflashes, logs, etc.

Turns out there was an issue in The BEF Terry had to reverse the throttle change table and he sent me a new BEF and that cleared up all the weird stuff with drive ability and over boosting/spikes. THANK YOU TERRY!!!

He’s still doing some tweaks to throttle sensitivity and few things but he wanted to get the boost targets right first before making more BEF changes. He was kind enough to send me a MAP 6 custom tune to dial it in a bit further and this is where we ended up

https://datazap.me/u/phantomx2k/bef-jb4-map6-custom?log=0&data=1-4

Please forgive the 2/3 downshift I forgot to lock it in manual. I had done so many logs today I just whiffed. But you can follow the 3rd gear run and boost is now up to 21.-22 PSI

To compare to the Dyno run where we made 460/505 on Map 5 with no tweaks.
https://datazap.me/u/phantomx2k/bef-jb4-map5-dyno-run?log=0&data=1-4

Based on the map 6 stuff it looks to be a bit more boost, good afr, good trims a little timing pull but overall seems a little more power I imagine this would get closer to 470/480+ as Jesse was mentioning with higher boost. Seems about 2 PSI on average higher, what do you guys think?

If I can get on the dyno again tomorrow to verify I will but otherwise just a few minor tweaks more to settle it in. Very happy car feels like a monster.

FYI the MHD OTS E40 Stage 2 map is also super solid choice. Its’ very safe with a very solid and smooth graph and made 426/505

It seems the way to go is definitely either full Custom Map or this combo of MHD with BEF/JB4 Map 6 custom and wow it feels strong.

On a side note I ran across 316’s 2000hp Audi R8 V10 on the bridge today. If you want to get humbled quickly just try and run against one of those. I took the hit and then he disappeared into the next dimension 😳 he was super cool, car was running 12psi on twins and holy crap was it nasty.
Sponsored