SUPRA ULTIMATE JB4 GUIDE AND LOG REVIEW (V1)

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
@Jesse DaBears.
Look at this log. Since Jb4 combined runs this one shows the same crazy boost spike hitting 9.1 psi just pulling out on the street. The car should not do that at 1:/3 throttle easing out

the back half of the graph where the run begins is reflashed and is the MHD tune. So 2 different flashes in the same chart

notice the iat doesnā€™t work and ff. Then the flash change and it suddenly works.

Drivability doesnā€™t really show in a log file all that well at least not the Jb4 logs

IMG_4095.png

Not supposed to be crazy fast spikes like that

I know you guys may work with some younger clientele and some this is there first fast car. Iā€™ve been doing this a long time over a lot of fast and a lot of fast turbo cars. I tuned and downpiped every one of my Mercedes 63S cars (GLC, C, E, GT63, GLE63) all making 700-800hp. Iā€™ve owned a dozen fast mustangs (SCā€™s and NA) including a 2004 600hp cobra back in the day thatā€™s still floating around YouTube, sprayed cars to.

so give me a little latitude when I say ā€œit ainā€™t rightā€ the kinda ainā€™t right that will hurt the motor.
Yeah I understand your concerns. What I am trying to say though, is using something like Map 1 with BEF enabled with your MHD BEF on, will not allow more than 16 psi to enter your engine. The throttle will just close. If its rough, its rough, and hopefully we can diagnose that. But neither Jesse or I have any way to help you without a proper log.

If there genuinely is something wrong with the BEF map, that is something you will need to discuss with Terry.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Jesse DaBears.
Look at this log. Since Jb4 combined runs this one shows the same crazy boost spike hitting 9.1 psi just pulling out on the street. The car should not do that at 1:/3 throttle easing out

the back half of the graph where the run begins is reflashed and is the MHD tune. So 2 different flashes in the same chart

notice the iat doesnā€™t work and ff. Then the flash change and it suddenly works.

Drivability doesnā€™t really show in a log file all that well at least not the Jb4 logs

Not supposed to be crazy fast spikes like that

I know you guys may work with some younger clientele and some this is there first fast car. Iā€™ve been doing this a long time over a lot of fast and a lot of fast turbo cars. I tuned and downpiped every one of my Mercedes 63S cars (GLC, C, E, GT63, GLE63) all making 700-800hp. Iā€™ve owned a dozen fast mustangs (SCā€™s and NA) including a 2004 600hp cobra back in the day thatā€™s still floating around YouTube, sprayed cars to.

so give me a little latitude when I say ā€œit ainā€™t rightā€ the kinda ainā€™t right that will hurt the motor.
I am looking at your BEF data points one by one and I don't see anything to indicate a dangerous condition. AFR, fuel pressure, boost, targets, etc all normal. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

You can certainly try the 91 octane "PUMP" BEF and see if anything works better. It'll just run milder timing than the race one. use it with map 1, bit 6 BEF enabled

Last edited:

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Do you know which map that is? You downloaded the files as well there are 2 in there

the bef is hosed on race. Youā€™re right nothing you guys can do with Terriā€˜s map. The throttle response is wrong, the boost, spikes all over, it surges it bucks. Itā€™s like itā€™s the wrong tune for this car like completely wrong parameters. You noticed anomalies in the log as well, and then, when I flashback to MHD those anomalies go away. Trust me when I say, the car isnā€™t drivable with that race map loaded like I couldnā€™t take it on the road and actually try to drive it it would be undrivable

Iā€™ve been trying to get Terriā€˜s help, but getting any more than a couple words and a response every two days isnā€™t very helpful

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you know which map that is? You downloaded the files as well there are 2 in there

the bef is hosed on race. Youā€™re right nothing you guys can do with Terriā€˜s map. The throttle response is wrong, the boost, spikes all over, it surges it bucks. Itā€™s like itā€™s the wrong tune for this car like completely wrong parameters. You noticed anomalies in the log as well, and then, when I flashback to MHD those anomalies go away. Trust me when I say, the car isnā€™t drivable with that race map loaded like I couldnā€™t take it on the road and actually try to drive it it would be undrivable

Iā€™ve been trying to get Terriā€˜s help, but getting any more than a couple words and a response every two days isnā€™t very helpful
1708008546761.png

Anything that says PS2 is for Pure Stage 2 turbo, or just bigger turbos in general. iirc

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Thank you, That is hugely helpful. Might be a good idea if the JB 4 folks update that on their thread.

Iā€™m headed to midnight tuning for a Dyno session now. Based on my mods the 91 tune probably not a good idea.

Going to Dyno what works at this time which is MHD e40 stage 2

if that goes well I can try JB4 map 4 which is 20 psi target. MHD is 18psi. Logically if the Jb4 works with Burgers map should work with this one.

If we get good results Iā€™ll try a map5 22psi run.

at least Iā€™ll be on the dyno where we can monitor without worrying about going 100mph down the road and trying to pay attention to the gauges and drive at the same time LOL.

that was why I was trying to get this sorted I booked this Dyno session awhile ago and itā€™s not easy to get and itā€™s expensive I want to get all my ducks in a row and not burn $$$ trying to figure stuff out.

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you, That is hugely helpful. Might be a good idea if the JB 4 folks update that on their thread.

Iā€™m headed to midnight tuning for a Dyno session now. Based on my mods the 91 tune probably not a good idea.

Going to Dyno what works at this time which is MHD e40 stage 2

if that goes well I can try JB4 map 4 which is 20 psi target. MHD is 18psi. Logically if the Jb4 works with Burgers map should work with this one.

If we get good results Iā€™ll try a map5 22psi run.

at least Iā€™ll be on the dyno where we can monitor without worrying about going 100mph down the road and trying to pay attention to the gauges and drive at the same time LOL.

that was why I was trying to get this sorted I booked this Dyno session awhile ago and itā€™s not easy to get and itā€™s expensive I want to get all my ducks in a row and not burn $$$ trying to figure stuff out.
Sounds good. At least you have the OTS map to get data on.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Strapping down moment of truth LOL

IMG_4102.jpeg

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Best run 436rwhp/531rwtq

JB4 didnā€™t do much for HP but managed 25lbft tq so not worth it. The MHD OTS e40 did 430/505

when you add drivetrain loss back in itā€™s about 500hp crank so a down pipe, some exhaust and filter and tune added 150+ hp over the stock 335 the 2020 had.

seeing if we can grab a custom e30 map if there is any more power to be had.

graph below

Run 1 - MHD OTS - super smooth line

Run 2 - MHD OTS and JB4 Map 4 20psi target added. - smooth but no real change in power

Run 3/4 - MHD OTS JB4 Map 5 22psi target. Run 3 pulled boost and timing. Run 4 adaptations started kicking in and started looking better. Not as smooth as run 1-2

cooling down will go againā€¦ hopefully adds some new info to the tuning scene with real numbers.

IMG_4107.jpeg

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Best run 436rwhp/531rwtq

JB4 didnā€™t do much for HP but managed 25lbft tq so not worth it. The MHD OTS e40 did 430/505

when you add drivetrain loss back in itā€™s about 500hp crank so a down pipe, some exhaust and filter and tune added 150+ hp over the stock 335 the 2020 had.

seeing if we can grab a custom e30 map if there is any more power to be had.

graph below

Run 1 - MHD OTS - super smooth line

Run 2 - MHD OTS and JB4 Map 4 20psi target added. - smooth but no real change in power

Run 3/4 - MHD OTS JB4 Map 5 22psi target. Run 3 pulled boost and timing. Run 4 adaptations started kicking in and started looking better. Not as smooth as run 1-2

cooling down will go againā€¦ hopefully adds some new info to the tuning scene with real numbers.

IMG_4107.jpeg
Looks pretty strong on the OTS. Looks like throttle closures on the JB4 stacked runs. Can you post the logs?

Last edited:

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Yea we are messing with map6 we are up to 457rwhp/525tq

it had a bit of a fit and decided it doesnā€™t want to play nice.

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)