Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
You lost me at c8 and “feel”, the electronic braking and lack of feel is the biggest complaint tracking owners have told me

Ehh.. It's fine, IMO. I get what they were going for but I can see how it may throw some people off. The feel is almost entirely simulated so as brake temps (and braking distances to an extent) increase the pedal feel remains consistent. I acclimated pretty quickly.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’ll get in touch with my contacts and find out. 999’s are a great pad, I’ve ran the H16-03 from their racing series and those are amazing.
Appreciate it! They were definitely better for my long hot sessions at Sebring. Could get on them hard in the afternoons. Track temps well over 100, able to break later on the long straights, then mash em again next big corner, lap after lap. Mega impressed!!

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
pardon my ignorance.

The tire temperature measurements are done by the car?
Do you have some sort of sensors?
BTW, the temps taking by the sensor are "core" an infrared reading at the surface will be higher.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Appreciate it! They were definitely better for my long hot sessions at Sebring. Could get on them hard in the afternoons. Track temps well over 100, able to break later on the long straights, then mash em again next big corner, lap after lap. Mega impressed!!
The ambient was 95 at CMS yesterday. Track temps were actually 150s. My lap times were fastest on the outlap and 1 or 2 hot laps and dropped thereafter.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Verus V1X vs Spage SP012 swan necks opinions? Lets say 66-68 wing span.
Price simmilar, dunno which one would be better/gave more efficient df at that price point. Fastest supras run Spage, but v1x is pretty new...

Gabe

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MkV/Tesla Model S/Tesla Model X
I don’t own any but I’m planning to get the whole Verus aero package.

I think they must perform similarly and outside of the very competitive leagues, the differences are negligible.

What I like about the Verus offering is that they have taken their time publishing their methods and the closest we get to see actual research in every part they have designed.

Also the videos detailing the installation are very useful, so much that I’m planning to tackle the install myself.

Last edited:

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I don’t own any but I’m planning to get the whole Verus aero package.

I think they must perform similarly and outside of the very competitive leagues, the differences are negligible.

What I like about the Verus offering is that they have taken their time publishing their methods and the closest we get to see actual research in every part they have designed.

Also the videos detailing the installation are very useful, so much that I’m planning to tackle the install myself.
I am on ~Ventus 4 levels of df (more vents instead of bigger splitter). Thinking about moving to diff wing for 2025 and maybe bigger splitter thats why I'm wondering, esp if paying big coin I'd rather buy the better one out of the 2 :)

Last edited:

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Any easy fixes for the fuel starvation issue?

So I guess this means I'm getting faster, previously I was able to run the car down to fairly low fuel without any issues. Last weekend I hit it twice just under 40% fuel both times, and the car went into "Drivetrain Issue" mode and had almost no power until I tuned it off/on.

Besides bringing a can with me to keep the car topped off are there any other easy-ish fixes?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Any easy fixes for the fuel starvation issue?

So I guess this means I'm getting faster, previously I was able to run the car down to fairly low fuel without any issues. Last weekend I hit it twice just under 40% fuel both times, and the car went into "Drivetrain Issue" mode and had almost no power until I tuned it off/on.

Besides bringing a can with me to keep the car topped off are there any other easy-ish fixes?
Checkout

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/minimum-fuel-level.12903

Reactions: Yli

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Toyota Supra 3.0 6MT
IMG_9583.png

Recently did my first two track days in my 6MT.

It was faster than my 2020 LE (don’t tell the automatic owners 🤫)

• Love
Reactions: AHP

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Recently did my first two track days in my 6MT.

It was faster than my 2020 LE (don’t tell the automatic owners 🤫)

You have more hp power now. ?